Shut down entire category to outside viewing?

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited December 10, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Is there some quick way for either myself or smugmug to shut down my entire sports category to outside viewing until I get something sorted (I need to turn off the printable feature for all of those galleries, hopefully only temporarily - this shouldn't even happen if NCAA could read their own bylaws and news releases but whatever, but it'd be easier what with exam week and all if there was some 1 second way to do this rather then spending a whole bunch of time going through each and every gallery).
Thanks,Richard

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 10, 2006
    if you are using Firefox, you can try out my SmugBrowser extension, which will allow u to turn off 'Printable' at the category level...and it will filter down to all galleries.

Check out the link in my signature or this thread.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2006
    One at a time, each gallery, or use Dev's Smug Browser, it works great.
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2006
    And to be clear, checking unprintable makes them totally unbuyable/ungettable for free (unless they choose to right click, which I have blocked, yada yada).

And why when I select the smugbrower does it just say waiting for smugbrowser.introversion.com.au forever?
    edited December 10, 2006
    And to be clear, checking unprintable makes them totally unbuyable/ungettable for free (unless they choose to right click, which I have blocked, yada yada).
    nod.gif
    And why when I select the smugbrower does it just say waiting for smugbrowser.introversion.com.au forever?
    Not sure why, seems to be working fine for me...and others outside of Oz.

PM me an email address and I will email the xpi file.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2006

Yup.
    edited December 10, 2006
    email sent.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2006
    Got it. Sorted it out. Thanks.

I'll be challenging them on this, which is why it's nice to have several relatives who are attorneys at large law firms. What really ticks me off is that I know exactly who did this. I knew this was what he had planned when he asked for my card too, but I figured let him complain, the rules clearly allow what I am doing. I don't know if he is just angry that our football team gave his a beating, or if he really just has nothing better to do, but either way, I hope he realizes I don't forget things like this.