Adobe CS3 Beta soon

DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
edited December 15, 2006 in Finishing School
According to AppleInsider.

A snippet:
People familiar with Adobe's software strategy say the company plans to whet the appetites of its approximately 3 million creative professional customers with a public beta of Creative Suite 3.0 some time this month.
Moderator Emeritus
Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops

Comments

• 01af01af Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited December 12, 2006
    Rumours of this kind started floating around two months after CS2 came out and are floating around ever since.

If Adobe keeps going at the usual pace, CS3 can be expected to be released in Spring or Summer 2007---i. e. in approx. half a year from now, give or take a few months. I consider it unlikely that they will issue a public beta version prior to the official release date because such a move would blow current CS2 sales. But heck, what do I know ...?

-- Olaf
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2006
    Perhaps it's this Friday
    DavidTO wrote:
    According to AppleInsider.

A snippet:

Hmmm. Photoshopnews.com has an interesting post that says "However, you -WILL- want to tune into PhotoshopNews this coming Friday, December 15th-I can say no more…".

It sounds like the two could be related. Perhaps the CS3 beta is coming out this Friday.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2006
    Adobe screwed up and posted a link to the beta a week or so back, and quickly removed it. It's gonna happen.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • 01af01af Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited December 15, 2006
    01af wrote:
    I consider it unlikely that they will issue a public beta version prior to the official release date because such a move would blow current CS2 sales. But heck, what do I know ...?
    Well ... today I was proven wrong, and David was right. Actually, I have already downloaded and installed CS3 Beta on my machine. I like ACR 4.0 very much! But sadly it is incompatible to CS2. The big disappointment is Bridge CS3---as slow as ever, and even more prone to crashing!

-- Olaf
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2006
    01af wrote:
    Well ... today I was proven wrong, and David was right. Actually, I have already downloaded and installed CS3 Beta on my machine. I like ACR 4.0 very much! But sadly it is incompatible to CS2. The big disappointment is Bridge CS3---as slow as ever, and even more prone to crashing!

-- Olaf

There are ways of speeding up Bridge a lot. How you set the cache, for instance. I forget the details, but I do know that I store the cache locally. I may do something else to speed it up, but if you use it at default settings it's dog slow. You gotta play with it.
    Moderator Emeritus