Options

ch 29 Sebastian

rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
edited January 2, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hi there,

I was in the need for a daily picture for today and tried something fitting for the challenge:
"It's tea time"

13585983-M.jpg

I am not really satisfied with the result and already messed around with photoshop, but I've no more time today and have to get some reading done. So you're welcomed to criticize as much as you want to. :wink

Bye,
Sebastian
Sebastian
SmugMug Support Hero

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2005
    Hi there,

I was in the need for a daily picture for today and tried something fitting for the challenge:
    "It's tea time"

I am not really satisfied with the result and already messed around with photoshop, but I've no more time today and have to get some reading done. So you're welcomed to criticize as much as you want to. mwink.gif

Bye,
    Sebastian
    Hi Sebastoamwave.gif I think you have a good start here..not that I know anything:D the thing that stand out a little to me is that I'd like to see the hand and cup and pot in more of the picture.. it just feels a little low to me.
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2005
    I kind of like the composition
    I see what you're saying Lynn, I guess the hand and cup should not be cut off. But, I was thinking that it's hard to get a good composition. I like the curve of the hand up to the pot and how it makes a diagonal line across the picture, while the book gives it good context. Maybe the tea being poured should be more of a focal point.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2005
    Hi there,

"It's tea time"

13585983-M.jpg

I am not really satisfied with the result and already messed around with photoshop, but I've no more time today and have to get some reading done. So you're welcomed to criticize as much as you want to. mwink.gif

Bye,
    Sebastian
    Great idea for the theme. This picture would work better for me with some steam coming out of the mug while pouring. I'd be drooling. Try it again with some hot stuff.

mitch
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2005
    Thanks for your answears. I've always the tendency to crop to broad and not narrow enough, because I don't want to cut anything out.
    This time I had some trouble to get a composition at all with the camera looking over my shoulder, because I wanted the 1st person look. Good to have the monitor to your left where one can compose without having to look at the cam-display behind me. :D

Whatever...I'll try a broader shot and see how this turns out...if it works, because I can't put the camera further back from me...then you would see my back too. eek7.gif I guess I've to find another point of view where this works.

@snapapple: I didn't realize the diagonal line while shooting, but now that you've pointed it out. While shooting I had trouble getting some light on my hand.

@Mitch: Great suggestion with the hot tea. I haven't thought of it and it wouldn't have worked today, because during the shooting my mother called and the tea would have been cold again. rolleyes1.gif

Good night,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero