A friend's graduation (college)

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited December 11, 2006 in People
Still learning how to use my first DSLR properly... this one, while a little dark, I just love the facial expression I captured.

116067552-M-1.jpg

Then, since at the time I was getting fustrated, I shoved it on auto and got a much nicer color of him with his family:
116067822-M-1.jpg

When I look in the exif data, the only big difference seems to be that the auto shot was taken with iso 400, where as mine was taken with iso 100. Guess I need to get the hang of changing ISO's better... there is no auto iso option in P like my old digital had...

Comments

• illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2006
    I shoot ISO 100 during daylight all the time, try adjust your shutter and aperture before bumping up the ISO. But ISO 400 is perfectly fine, won't see any grain at all. Your friend looks happy to be out of college, I got 4 more years of that ahead of me, ahhhhh:cry .
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2006
    I shoot ISO 100 during daylight all the time, try adjust your shutter and aperture before bumping up the ISO. But ISO 400 is perfectly fine, won't see any grain at all. Your friend looks happy to be out of college, I got 4 more years of that ahead of me, ahhhhh:cry .

Well it was quite cloudy so that might be the reason my ISO 100 wasn't too bright... yeah I never see grain at 400, so that wasn't the complaint, just my lack of understanding of what to do to make the image brighter on my own manual controls.

What's the best modifications for shutter / aperature during a glum cloudy day with the flash?