New lens & Xmas Pics

StvStv Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited December 12, 2006 in People
Hello all,
A number of weeks ago I picked up on e-Bay a new/old Minolta AF-80-200:2.8-APO-HS-G lens. I've been circling this lens for weeks trying to figure out what, where and when and finally PP & Posted a few images that I finally grabbed. If you have a moment, please take a gander in the "Santa Parade Ajax 2000" gallery and C&C if you wish. I do need to slow down and not rush this lens is my first lesson to myself.

116092016-L.jpg

116092595-L.jpg

http://stv.smugmug.com/gallery/2227820/1/116092016

Thanx ........... and Merry Xmas.

Stv

Comments

• thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2006
    That lens seem to work like a dream- good first grasp on it! I think that if you posted one or two pictures on to this site that more people would be inclined to comment- sometimes links won't open or people just want to see the pic when they open the thread. I love that dog in the car picture and think it would been even more awesome if you cropped in on the dog a bit more.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • StvStv Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited December 12, 2006
    Xmas Doggy
    That lens seem to work like a dream- good first grasp on it!
    THANK YOU ASHLEY, FOR THE COMPLIMENT AND FOR TAKING THE TIME TO COMMENT/CRITIQUE. MUCH APPRECIATED. THIS WAS MY VERY FIRST SHOOT WITH THIS LENS. COMPOSITION AND IN CAMERA CROPPING ARE VERY DIFFERENT WITH THIS TYPE OF LENS AND DON'T FORGET THAT THE SUBJECT MATTER WAS ALL MOVING TOO. Ha Ha! I HAD MY HANDS FULL. ME THINKS I'M GONNA LIKE THIS LENS A LOT. (I BETTER, FOR WHAT THE USED PRICES ARE, THEY ARE 2x'$ NEW!)

I think that if you posted one or two pictures on to this site that more people would be inclined to comment- sometimes links won't open or people just want to see the pic when they open the thread.
    YES! I AGREE. WHEN I ORIGINALLY POSTED, I DON'T KNOW WHY OR WHAT, BUT ALL THAT WOULD LOAD ON SCREEN WAS THE LINK AND NO PICS !!!!?????

I love that dog in the car picture and think it would been even more awesome if you cropped in on the dog a bit more.
    THANK YOU. THE VEHICLE WAS MOVING AT PARADE SPEED AND I JUST HAD TO GET THAT DOG!

WHICH DOGGY IMAGE I.Y.O., WOULD THE CROPPING ENHANCE?

A/ THE TOP PIC COULD USE A SHAVE; JUST A LITTLE OFF THE SIDES. (I TRIED CROPPING AND THE DETAILS OF THE TRUCK WOULD HAVE BEEN LOST AND THE VIEWER WOULD HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE LADY OR THE DOG WERE.)

B/ THE BOTTOM ONE I FELT NEEDED ALL THAT STUFF AROUND IT BECAUSE THE POOCH WAS BARELY VISIBLE, THE VIEWERS EYE "HAS" TO SEARCH FOR THE FOCAL POINT OF THE TINY IMAGE IN A BIG TRUCK AND ALSO I FELT THAT IF I CROPPED TOO MUCH YOU WILL LOSE THE DOOR HANDLE ETC. THAT IDENTIFIES THAT THE DOG IS IN A VEHICLE.

IF YOU ARE ABLE TO CROP THE IMAGE(S) AND POST, PLEASE DO. NOT A PROBLEM. I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN HOW OTHERS SEE AN IMAGE THAT I'M NOT SEEING.

THANK YOU....................Stv

BTW: I see that you are from N.S. We vacationed out East this summer and spent a couple of days in N.S., Lunenburg in particular. A beautiful province N.S. is.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2006
    I just love that second shot! Cracks me up.

Looks like a nice lens!!
  • StvStv Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited December 12, 2006
    I just love that second shot! Cracks me up.
    ** Hahaha! Parade work can be very tiring! **

Looks like a nice lens!!
    ** Thank you, I'm work'n on it..... slowly.**

** BTW: I luv your gallery **