Options

Pricing Questions

Mort3770Mort3770 Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited December 12, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am setting up a gallery that I want to have it's own pricing. To that end, If I use the % increase option across the board, and use a percentage that gives me a decent total selling price for 4x6, the larger prints are way toooo expensive.

Is there a way to do incrimental pricing or price photos from a certain dollar amount by x and another by y, and so on? I'd like my 4x6's to be about $6.00, an 8x10 to be about $10.00, etc.

Time is of the essence and I need to work out this pricing thing so I can unlock this gallery to the public asap.
:scratch:dunno:bow

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2006
    Mort3770 wrote:
    Time is of the essence and I need to work out this pricing thing so I can unlock this gallery to the public asap.
    headscratch.gifne_nau.gifbow
    Sure, use the "greater than" and "less than" options in the apply -to box.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2006
    Not to sound stupid, but I really need help with this.
    OK, I get the greater-than, less-than part, but I'm still confused. Maybe someone can offer a suggestion for how to go about setting prices easily. If there's a post offering this information easily, just point me in the right direction, but please, I've been at this all day and I just want to get this done.

How do i start, Increase, % increase, decrease, % decrease, default?
    Then what, great than, less than?
    Then what if I need to adjust another range of items of certain costs? how do I change one range of items without throwing the other stuff?

I am willing to give someone my toll-free phone number to call me and walk me thru this quickly. If I can find my way thru this, I'll gladly come back and post the solution to what I'm trying to do. I just need this done now.
  • Options
    ElysiumElysium Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2006
    You can always just do it manually. For one gallery this shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2006
    Mort3770 wrote:
    OK, I get the greater-than, less-than part, but I'm still confused. Maybe someone can offer a suggestion for how to go about setting prices easily. If there's a post offering this information easily, just point me in the right direction, but please, I've been at this all day and I just want to get this done.

How do i start, Increase, % increase, decrease, % decrease, default?
    Then what, great than, less than?
    Then what if I need to adjust another range of items of certain costs? how do I change one range of items without throwing the other stuff?

I am willing to give someone my toll-free phone number to call me and walk me thru this quickly. If I can find my way thru this, I'll gladly come back and post the solution to what I'm trying to do. I just need this done now.

Hi, I believe what you want to do is choose a % increase for all items less than $X. And the do a % increase for all items greater than $X.

If I'm missing something please tell me.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited December 12, 2006
    OK, I think I got the prices in a range that is palatable for me. Not sure exactly what I did to get them that way and I'm afraid to go back and try repeat what I did for fear I'll mess it up. When I figure it out, I'll post again, in the mean time, thanks for the suggestions.
    clap.gif