May I get some CC on these cards?

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited December 12, 2006 in People
I know I may be breaking the rules, but I posted these in the "Mind your own business" section and I'm not really getting any responses. Nope, not whining, it's just the case. And I'd really love some feedback on ANYTHING! You see, I plan to print these this week so I can get them back in time to get them out before Christmas.

You can see the original post here (with much more info): http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=49087

What I did was create two styles: tan is more for locals and your regular Crested Butte person. The red is for the out-of-towners and more serious people. I wanted two cards with a similar feel, but with a different intent.

As for the prints, these are the two I have created for printing as 4x6 photos, but not printed yet:

115990815-L.jpg115990820-L.jpg

The code on the back would correspond to the print so I could figure out which one generates more income - if any.

I figure for the $20 it would cost me to print these out (I'll print 'em at SmugMug on Lustre with backprinting to show off the quality), if I only get one client, it's paid for itself! I'm also going to do another one for weddings.

Should any of the photos be changed out? (If you want, you're welcome to look on my site.) Colors be changed? Anything else i should say on them?

Thanks so much! (And I hope I don't get into TOO much trouble for posting this here!:D )

Comments

• DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2006
    I love them, they look great! And there's no rulez here to break, well - not many anyway. Just stay away from the Whipping Post!

I wonder if you tried a small drop shadow on the red one, maybe give it a bit more depth? I think the baby under the title is a perfect shot to include on the sheet, nothing grabs attention more instinctively than a baby's face staring at you. All of the shots seem well suited to your stated audience, in fact. Nice job!
  • debtoinedebtoine Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2006
    I agree with the shadow on the red one.

Other than that, they look nice!! I might actually borrow the idea for the redesign I'm overdue for! Don't worry, I'm nowhere near your market ;)

A non-design issue, though... think about getting your own domainname for email. It looks so much better than @gmail.com

Toine
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2006
    All I have to say is niiiiiiiice.
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • kingmamaof2kingmamaof2 Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2006
    Hi Andi,
    I Really love what you've done here! There isn't much for me to criticize and it's a great idea to gain clientele. The red set looks more professional to me and is my favorite. You could add some drop shadows to give depth as mentioned. I also like the selection of black/white and color better than the sepia for some reason. Overall, they both work and have great examples of your work.:D Hopefully others will be able to give better CC. Thanks for posting!
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2006
    You know, it's funny that I've gotten such a wide range of responses. I post on two other boards and some people HATED the red! Laughing.gif! And loved the beige! Or vice versa. Goes to show that having two cards that are similar, but still different enough make a lot of sense to appeal to different people!

With that said, I took the suggestions I got here and elsewhere and did these three:

Red/drop shadows; green; blue
    116318780-M.jpg116318764-M.jpg116318776-M.jpg

Personally, I like the beige the best for the casual/fun one. I also do like the drop shadows better in the red, but wasn't sure if they ended up looking too alike. But I look at it and don't think that's really a problem.

If you want to see the larger versions, you can see 'em here: http://tippiepics.smugmug.com/gallery/2226278 (I have all styles up there for comparison.)

In response to some of the comments:

Glad I'm not breaking the rules! Laughing.gif! I just wanted feedback faster than I was getting it.... :D

I'll definitely consider the email advice! I've actually thought about it, but have been too lazy to worry. This is also a small, not so savvy town on that stuff.... wait, not so much not savvy, but rather they don't seem to care! Laughing.gif! But I'll definitely keep it in mind!

As for the toning on the B&Ws, they are actually all the same! Laughing.gif! I deliberately redid the toning on all those images in Lightroom yesterday so they would look the same. For some reason, Sammie (upper left in red card) looks more toned than the rest, now that it's pointed out. I'll double check it shortly!

Thanks to all! This has been SUPER helpful! :D

(ETA: Looking again, I think the red drop shadow needs to match the other card.... I thought I did, but obviously not!)
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2006
    debtoine wrote:
    I agree with the shadow on the red one.

Other than that, they look nice!! I might actually borrow the idea for the redesign I'm overdue for! Don't worry, I'm nowhere near your market ;)

A non-design issue, though... think about getting your own domainname for email. It looks so much better than @gmail.com

Toine
    And I forgot to say... Copy away! Very flattering that you like it enough to do that! :D

but if you move to Crested Butte and do it, I'll have to kick some serious butte! rolleyes1.gif:D
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2006
    I personally love the burgandy background...it's easier on the eyes. I think your work is beautiful...very professional looking. Great job.thumb.gif