Options

Baguio & Palawan, Philippines

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited December 19, 2006 in Journeys
Baguio is the summer capital of the Philippines. Its located in Luzon. When its very hot here in Manila, lots of people go there because of its all year round cold weather. Its about 6 hours drive from Manila. So here are some pictures. Feel free to comment on them. Enjoy. =)

This is the view from the hotel that we stayed at, Camp John Hay Manor. Woke up vey early for this shot, 6 am.
zzz.jpg
View on the balcony of our room.
BaguioDecember2006124.jpg
Still in the balcony. Just trying different styles.
BaguioDecember2006150-1.jpg
Camp John Hay Manor.
BaguioDecember2006139.jpg
Night. Trying different styles.
BaguioDecember2006055.jpg

The Philippines has 7, 107 islands. Palawan is an island located in Visayas. Lots of people go here during summer (March to June). Lots of beaches here and great diving sites. From Manila, ride a plane, the duration of the flight is just an hour. We where there last May 2006.

Coron, Palawan
Palawan2006059.jpg
Before you get to this place. You have to climb like a hundred steps then go down a hundred steps. This place is really nice.
Palawan2006049.jpg
This are the steps that I'm talking about.
Palawan2006035.jpg
This is the view on top of the hundred steps. Worth it!
Palawan2006036.jpg
Mix of beaches and limestones.
Palawan2006024.jpg
The airplane that we rode in. Very small and scary. =) It felt like it was going to collapse anytime. There were nuns there too. Caring for the people who has leprosy in some parts of Palawan.
Palawan2006002.jpg
Airport in Coron, Palawan. This is not the worst airport. This is already a nice airport in the Philippines because there are lots of foreigners who come in Palawan.
Palawan2006001.jpg
The "bangka" (mini boat) that we rode in touring the different islands. We wore life vests, its safe.
Palawan2006029.jpg
Yup! You can go kayaking during the breaks. =) Fun! =)
Palawan2006077.jpg

I used Samsung Digimax 301 for all of the pictures here. Im about to get my Canon 350d this week and Im really excited. Hope youve enjoyed the pictures. Visit the Philippines sometimes. Just avoid Mindanao. I'll post some pictures again next time. Mabuhay! =)

Comments

• Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2006
    That's one of the fun things in this forum, seeing images of places you've never been to and then mark them as a future travel possibility. Thanks for sharing these!
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    Jim HalpertJim Halpert Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited December 18, 2006
    Nice pics.

BTW, no need to avoid Mindanao. Just prepare yourself before you go and pay attention to what's happening around you. I was in Davao City and surroundings for about a month last year and it was easily the best trip of my life. The people are great! The food is great! and cheap! and the entire country is beautiful.

Thanks for sharing! Salamat!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 19, 2006
    Salamat. =)
    Wow. Youve been here. Yeah. The food here is great and cheap. Almost everything local here is cheap. Davao is a great place. =)
    Nice pics.

BTW, no need to avoid Mindanao. Just prepare yourself before you go and pay attention to what's happening around you. I was in Davao City and surroundings for about a month last year and it was easily the best trip of my life. The people are great! The food is great! and cheap! and the entire country is beautiful.

Thanks for sharing! Salamat!