Options

finding my own posts

TerryPTerryP Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited December 15, 2006 in Dgrin Forum Support
Not to sound toooo much like a newbie but I've been trying (and failing) to find my own posts so I can send a thank you reply (a bit delayed but I needed to try what they were telling me). Now I can't find my own post.

Thanks

Terry

:dunno

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2006
    TerryP wrote:
    Not to sound toooo much like a newbie but I've been trying (and failing) to find my own posts so I can send a thank you reply (a bit delayed but I needed to try what they were telling me). Now I can't find my own post.

Thanks

Terry

ne_nau.gif

wave.gif Click on your name, there, off to the left. :D
  • Options
    edited December 12, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    wave.gif Click on your name, there, off to the left. :D

I know that from another post I read. The problem I've having is when I'm logged off or lose my place from being in other posts, etc. I can't seem to just come back to the forum anew and find my posts.

Thanks for the help!

Terry
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2006
    TerryP wrote:
    I know that from another post I read. The problem I've having is when I'm logged off or lose my place from being in other posts, etc. I can't seem to just come back to the forum anew and find my posts.

Thanks for the help!

Terry

My favorite link is the 'You!" link that is first in the Dgrin Forum breadcrumb. Click it and it will show you all the threads you have posted on that have recent posts since your last visit to that thread. Quick way to keep up with anything new.
  • Options
    HiSPLHiSPL Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2006
    You can also go to the Search>Advanced Search and "find posts by" and enter your screen name. It's kind of a chore, but that will show all of your posts whether they are active or not.
  • Options
    edited December 12, 2006
    Outstanding. Thanks all!

Terryclap.gif
  • Options
    johnathanjohnathan Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited December 15, 2006
    You can set up the forum to auto-subscribe you to all of the posts that you make (new threads you make as well as posts you er... post :p).

Go to:

You! -> Edit Option -> Default Thread Subscription Mode

By default this is set to "No Subscription", so your posts are lost among the masses. Given the prolific nature of most forum posters, that's a rather understandable choice of default option. You can however set this to "No Email Notification", which will add the post to your list of Subscriptions, that you can look up in:

You! -> List Subscription

Remember that this list will pile up the more you post, so might I suggest clearing it out once in a while, either that or use email notifications.

Regards