Options

To HUEY or not to Huey..

j-boj-bo Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
edited December 14, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
I've read Andy's review and generally regard what he says as gospel. :bow

But alas, looking at a ton of comments on Amazon has me wondering if this is right for me.

I just bought a new Lenovo PC with the 19" widescreen LCD which is 1440x900 I think. I use a Dell 19" non widescreen at work and they are night and day different as far as colors and contrast goes. Much lighter on the Lenovo, I tried using some free type software for calibration but.. ecck..

So.. Huey.. are there that many bad copies of it out there to be worried? I'm supposing I'd have to buy 2, one for home and one for work to calibrate them similarly.

If not Huey, then spider express? I like the price and I'm cheap (cause I have to be).

Any other users that have success/failures with either of these that would share their thoughts.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    MilnerMilner Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited December 14, 2006
    j-bo wrote:
    I've read Andy's review and generally regard what he says as gospel. bowdown.gif

But alas, looking at a ton of comments on Amazon has me wondering if this is right for me.

I just bought a new Lenovo PC with the 19" widescreen LCD which is 1440x900 I think. I use a Dell 19" non widescreen at work and they are night and day different as far as colors and contrast goes. Much lighter on the Lenovo, I tried using some free type software for calibration but.. ecck..

So.. Huey.. are there that many bad copies of it out there to be worried? I'm supposing I'd have to buy 2, one for home and one for work to calibrate them similarly.

If not Huey, then spider express? I like the price and I'm cheap (cause I have to be).

Any other users that have success/failures with either of these that would share their thoughts.

Thanks!

I did get a "bad" one, from a local Ritz store. BUT all it took was an email to Pantone and they had a new one on it's way to me....My understanding is that the "bad" ones will work fine on a CRT, it is just a problem with some laptops and lcd's.

So far I am very happy with it!
  • Options
    HiSPLHiSPL Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2006
    My Huey (THANKS DGRIN!!!) works perfectly. I run it on a 12" Powerbook 867 that is hooked up to a 17"CRT and run dual monitors. The Huey works on both and has them looking as close to the same as a CRT and LCD can look.

Go for it, you won't be disappointed.