Printing from Smugmug

AussierooAussieroo Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
edited December 13, 2006 in SmugMug Support
As a new power user, I am wondering if I allow people to print my photos, is there any benifit to me? I know with the Pro accounts there is a payment to the owners of the photos. Is there for the power users as well or are they freebies to those who want them?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2006
    Aussieroo wrote:
    As a new power user, I am wondering if I allow people to print my photos, is there any benifit to me? I know with the Pro accounts there is a payment to the owners of the photos. Is there for the power users as well or are they freebies to those who want them?
    Hi, only pros can charge a profit and be paid that profit. So, as a power user, you can offer prints for sale, but they are at our standard prices.

I hope this helps! More here: http://www.smugmug.com/pro

Holler back with any questions!
  • AussierooAussieroo Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2006
    Thanks Andy, I appreciate your reply. I feared that may have been the case. So I will just leave it the way I have it set that family can get prints from password locked galleries. If people were to acknowledge taking full sized files for printing or whatever reason they use them for it wouldn't be so bad but when they just get downloaded and you don't know where they go, what they are used for or if they are making money out of your work it is best to close the "original" file option. I have read the Pro options but I couldn't find anything on the power account to say whether one did or did not get paid for prints made of your files.

Thanks again
    Ralph