#80 - Here are mine

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited December 20, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here are my two possible entries. Do either of these speak to you?

1 - 116697488-L.jpg

2 - 116697567-L-1.jpg

I'm trying to figure out if these are even a good idea and if the "machinery" part is highlighted enough and which of them is better! Or do you have any suggestions to make 'em better?

Thanks in advance!

(As a side note, I am constantly thinking about the current challenge and wish I had more time and resources to enter into each one! Even if neither if these is the "one", I may still enter one and replace it later when I get something better. Okay, enough rambling.)

Comments

• Sean KSean K Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited December 14, 2006
    I like the grease and the tone. thumb.gif So in my opinion you're on the right track if not there already. Perhaps a piece of machinery which could be construed as have a personality instead of the derailleur? Keep it greasy though. :D
    Beautiful British Columbia
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited December 14, 2006
    Hey Momma

Your conversions of these shots are fantastic! thumb.gif
  • TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2006
    Nice! I like the grit. As long as it is not on my bike. mwink.gif

I like #2 better. I think it would be stronger if you could brighten the gear cluster. It is too dark to see an detail.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2006
    Thank you so much! I'm really glad the conversion came across the way it did - that's exactly what I intended!

I think I'll enter #2, but I do know of just the machine to take a shot of. It's just that my main mode of transportation is this bike (hence the grit all over it!) and I just don't drive often anymore. I have to go for groceries this weekend so as long as this machine isn't TOO covered in snow, I'll grab a shot of it!

Again, thank you for the CC!
  • nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2006
    #2 is for sure the better pic. good luck!
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2006
    Okay, I entered #2, but don't love it. Here are my new shots that I like much more. Do any of these talk to you more than what I entered?

1 - 118025257-L.jpg

2 - B&W118025295-L.jpg

3 - low sat color118025245-L.jpg

Thanks in advance!