de-lurking myself

argmothargmoth Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited December 14, 2006 in People
Hey guys and gals. My name is Chris, and I am a lurk-aholic. I'm trying to cure this addiction so here goes.

I'm from a small town north of Sacramento, CA. I have been persuing photography as a hobby for about 3-4yrs now. Only recently did i venture into making this a serious attempt at a career.

So, without further adue... here's a couple of photos my dear wife for you to look at. I welcome any C&C that you guys will give.

Comments

• argmothargmoth Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited December 14, 2006
    and my oldest daughter
  • BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2006
    Welcome aboard! Nice to meet you, I myself am from the town of Colfax, CA A little ways east of where you are!, about an hour out of sac...

As for the photo's
    Nice job, I like the one of your daughter, it looks very nice, she is very pretty...

The problem I have with the first one is that your wives hair blends in with the background alot causing the black background to not quite work for me, though it might just be the little white spots that are bugging me, did you by chance edit the background?

Good luck!
    Ben
  • argmothargmoth Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited December 14, 2006
    Nope, no edits to the one of my wife besides the conversion from RAW. I see where you are coming from. This was taking fairly recently before I aquired my 2nd strobe (nikon sb24)

Thanks for the compliments on the second one. Not much edits to that one, a little "eye enhancement" but not much.

Thanks again