Order picture by date + some custom position?

johnathanjohnathan Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited December 15, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi there

How's everyone doing?

I'm new to SmugMug scene, and finding it a blast to use and easy to navigate.

One of the things that I'm wanting to do though is arrange the pictures in a gallery in reverse "date uploaded/modified" order, so that people visiting my gallery will see the newest additions first.

At the same time, I'm wanting some custom ordering to a number of photos in the same gallery (say about 20).

By using the Gallery order of "by Date Uploaded" I am able to have photos added to the start of the gallery instead of at the end. However, it doesn't allow any custom positioning after that.

I have found that sort picture function to work better:
(i) Set Gallery order to "by position"
(ii) Add the photos
(iii) Under Photo Tools, Sort Photo by "date modified"
(iv) Move around the photos that doesn't need to be in reverse date order
DONE

Hopefully someone else wanting to do the same thing can find the instructions above helpful.

However, wanting to save time spent on arranging photos, I'm wondering if there were any features that I didn't know about which would allow me to:
1) Add Photos to the start of a gallery without having to tweak the gallery order.
2) An easier way to achieve what I want (i.e. reverse date ordered photo with some custom positioning), without having to go through the laborous 4 steps mentioned earlier - especially the last step.

Thanks in advance for the help. :D

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2006
    wave.gif Welcome!

I don't believe I know of an easier way.
  • johnathanjohnathan Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited December 15, 2006
    Thanks for the reply Andy.

That's very comforting (in a not so good way :p, good to know I've exhausted my options though).

Cheers