1 Cor 13:4

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited December 18, 2006 in People

Comments

• krisbphotokrisbphoto Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited December 15, 2006
    I saw this post on FM too!
    I really like the composition; subjects colors complement the background well.
    The title works!
    Chris Brinlee, Jr.
    1st Year SCAD Student
    Canon 20D w/ BG-E2
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    580EX Speedlite
    (2) AB800

KrisB Photography
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2006
    Thanks Chris. I must say I had a doubt about the title but decided to stick with it.
    krisbphoto wrote:
    I saw this post on FM too!
    I really like the composition; subjects colors complement the background well.
    The title works!
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2006
    Is this a composite?

Looks like the people were pasted there. They both have some serious lack of tonal range.
    edited December 16, 2006
    Owen is VERY observant. This image was born a long time ago in my mind as a result of a song I really liked. The song had a phrase "in the cathedral of trees". Well, at least that is the closest translation I can come up with.

Then recently I took this photo:
    walk-in-the-park_MG_9732.jpg

and few days later I took this one:
    Cathedral-Entrance_MG_0440.jpg

And suddenly it clicked in my mind. Take the trees away and put a cathedral there.

Now if I wasn't too artistic with the processing on the cathedral the tone would be a lot closer and thus harder to spot but I really liked the way the cathedral turned out and the final "collage".
  • LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    I didn't notice the tonality issue as much as I did the "backlighting" of her hair on top and the right side against the dark wood of the door surround. A bit more "trimming" maybe? :D I do like the image though.
    edited December 17, 2006
    Yes, it is a give way but not as noticeable unless you know you are looking at the composite. Trimming the hair would hide that.
    LilleG wrote:
    I didn't notice the tonality issue as much as I did the "backlighting" of her hair on top and the right side against the dark wood of the door surround. A bit more "trimming" maybe? :D I do like the image though.
  • BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    I thought it looked a little odd... :)

Ben