Control user's gallery style and caption position?

johnathanjohnathan Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited December 18, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi all

Yes, I've been spending a lot of time on SmugMug tweaking my galleries to death, so sue me :p

I have searched the forums, and as far as I know (which isn't much at this point, but go with me on this :wink), these issues aren't documented anywhere...

1) Is there a way to customize the gallery style that a user sees (e.g. "All Thumbs" for gallery1, "SmugMug Small" for gallery2. etc). From what I can determine, the user can change the style, and their choice is remembered next time they come back to the site. However, I've yet to find a way to force a default style on a gallery.

2) Can I move the photo caption to say above the photo rather than below?

Are these features available on the Standard account at all??

Oracle: I sense a disturbance in the force, you shall soon be bombarded with links to other worldly places on the forum :D

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2006
    johnathan wrote:
    Hi all

Yes, I've been spending a lot of time on SmugMug tweaking my galleries to death, so sue me :p

I have searched the forums, and as far as I know (which isn't much at this point, but go with me on this mwink.gif), these issues aren't documented anywhere...

1) Is there a way to customize the gallery style that a user sees (e.g. "All Thumbs" for gallery1, "SmugMug Small" for gallery2. etc). From what I can determine, the user can change the style, and their choice is remembered next time they come back to the site. However, I've yet to find a way to force a default style on a gallery.

2) Can I move the photo caption to say above the photo rather than below?

Are these features available on the Standard account at all??

Oracle: I sense a disturbance in the force, you shall soon be bombarded with links to other worldly places on the forum :D
    Hi Jonathan,

Both options are possible, but not with a standard account. You will need to have a power or pro account to be able to do that.

Holler if you have more questions.
  • johnathanjohnathan Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited December 16, 2006
    Thanks for the reply ivar. Thanks also for replying to my other posts.

At this point, can I assume that the gallery style the user sees will always be SmugMug to begin with, until they change it?

Regards
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    johnathan wrote:
    Thanks for the reply ivar. Thanks also for replying to my other posts.

At this point, can I assume that the gallery style the user sees will always be SmugMug to begin with, until they change it?

Regards
    Not always, if you have never, ever, ever visited a smugmug account before, it will start with SmugMug ( or smugmug small on low res screens because of some voodoo we have I think, not 100% sure nowI think about it ).

If you have already visited a smugmug account, yours or someone elses, and changed the viewstyle there, it will remember the viewstyle set.
  • johnathanjohnathan Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited December 18, 2006
    Thanks ivar, that really helps.