Problem with PSE5 send to Smugmug?

DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
edited December 15, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I was considering getting Elements 5 and the "send to Smugmug" feature intrigued me, but then I ran across this thread on a forum. What gives, is the function only in the trial version?:scratch

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2006
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    I was considering getting Elements 5 and the "send to Smugmug" feature intrigued me, but then I ran across this thread on a forum. What gives, is the function only in the trial version?headscratch.gif
    You'll be fine, it works great. Some versions, non-US, don't have it. That's up to Adobe, not us :(
  • westiswestis Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited December 15, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    You'll be fine, it works great. Some versions, non-US, don't have it. That's up to Adobe, not us :(

Hi. It's me who asked that question in the other forum. So it is true that some non-US versions don't have the Send to SmugMug feature? Is that why I haven't been able to find it in the trial version (that I downloaded as I considered upgrading from PSE 4 mainly because of the Send to SmugMug feature)?

That would be very sad... I have a SmugMug account and I'm even using the English version of Photoshop Elements. But because I live in Sweden I'm not able to use the feature that would make me upgrade right away?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2006
    westis wrote:
    Hi. It's me who asked that question in the other forum. So it is true that some non-US versions don't have the Send to SmugMug feature? Is that why I haven't been able to find it in the trial version (that I downloaded as I considered upgrading from PSE 4 mainly because of the Send to SmugMug feature)?

That would be very sad... I have a SmugMug account and I'm even using the English version of Photoshop Elements. But because I live in Sweden I'm not able to use the feature that would make me upgrade right away?

IMO PSE5 is worth it even without the SmugMug Uploading. Lots of great new features in it.
  • westiswestis Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited December 15, 2006
    PSE5: Send to SmugMug and geotagging
    Andy wrote:
    IMO PSE5 is worth it even without the SmugMug Uploading. Lots of great new features in it.

Yeah, I'm considering upgrading anyway. But I was a bit surprised to not find the first feature I was looking for...

By the way, maybe this should go to another thread, but I haven't got geotagging in PSE5 trial to work when uploading in the traditional way to SmugMug (using Universal Drag & Drop).

I've set a geotag in PSE by dragging the photo to the map. I've saved the tags by selecting Write Tags and Properties Info to Photo. But after I've uploaded to SmugMug there is no Map This for the photo and it doesn't show up on the Around the world map. And when selecting "Edit Geography" the fields are empty be default.

Am I doing something wrong? :)

Thanks!