#80 - chug chug

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited December 17, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
We went for a ride on the Daylight steam engine (Holiday Express) tonight and I got this shot of the wheels...ISO 3200, 1 sec hand held (elbow resting on fence). I've desaturated it a bit, but haven't done much else. How is this for machinery? Any suggestions to make it better?

Elaine

Edit...
Here's an updated version...toned down red handle and added a bit more contrast as well as more sepia tone. How 'bout it??

117371431-L-2.jpg
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    Elaine wrote:
    We went for a ride on the Daylight steam engine (Holiday Express) tonight and I got this shot of the wheels...ISO 3200, 1 sec hand held (elbow resting on fence). I've desaturated it a bit, but haven't done much else. How is this for machinery? Any suggestions to make it better?

Elaine
    117080394-L.jpg
    I don't see the photo headscratch.gif Do you have external linking turned off by any chance? or a password set for the gallery?
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    Sorry about that! Is it there now???
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • salazarsalazar Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    I see it. Great shot. That the stars on the wheel centres are level is a nice bonus. I'm wondering if you should tone down the small red valve handle as it draws the eye a bit?
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.
  • Fred WFred W Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    Sweet Pic, I like it. thumb.gif
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    I don't see the photo in this thread but went to your site and if it is the train engine photo at the end of your Photography gallery it is right on for this challenge. Really nice photo!

Virginia

Email
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    salazar wrote:
    I see it. Great shot. That the stars on the wheel centres are level is a nice bonus. I'm wondering if you should tone down the small red valve handle as it draws the eye a bit?

I agree...

I'd also bump the contrast just a tad - especially the darks. This is a really great shot! thumb.gif
  • shoppixshoppix Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited December 17, 2006
    choo choo, chug chug!
    Great shot. I wish my hands were that steady to get a 1 sec shot!
    Good contender.