Skiing

SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
edited December 16, 2006 in Finishing School
Sons first time skiing. He had no fear and took to it quickly. Used the 70-200 IS on this shot. Trying to get use to it. Would like to see what you think about the shot as well as the color. Used the 'color pop' method by Dan Margulis on this and liked the results but would value other opinions. Too much maybe? :dunno
www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
Canon 50mm 1.4
Canon 85mm 1.8
Canon 70-200L IS 2.8

Comments

• ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    I'd like to see better shadow detail in his suit and better highlight detail in those boots. Check the skin tone values in his face. Because it's cold and because he's been exercising, you might bend the rule about having at least as much yellow as magenta. But be careful when you do so.

But, it's still nice and does have plenty of pop. If you post an original, I'll try to find time to take a crack at it and summarize the steps.
    If not now, when?
  • SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    rutt wrote:
    I'd like to see better shadow detail in his suit and better highlight detail in those boots. Check the skin tone values in his face. Because it's cold and because he's been exercising, you might bend the rule about having at least as much yellow as magenta. But be careful when you do so.

But, it's still nice and does have plenty of pop. If you post an original, I'll try to find time to take a crack at it and summarize the steps.

Thank you very much for the feedback. This was the first pic I used that 'colo pop' method with so I appreciate the detailed CC you gave.

I would love for you to work this photo and summarize the steps if you have time. That would be great. Will try to post the original later today for you.

Shane

Blogs:

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
    edited December 16, 2006
    Here is the original.

Blogs:

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    It's really hard to work on these low res versions. Do you have a full sized original? If don't have a better way to host it, you can upload to colorthory.smugmug.com See: http://dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=429816&postcount=1 Look at the very bottom of the first post.
    If not now, when?
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    Link to the original on your site
    SitterS wrote:
    Here is the original.
    Since I see you have a Smugmug account, just upload your original to your smugmug site and then post a link to the original (no need to embed it in the posting).
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
    edited December 16, 2006
    Let me try this again. I hope this is what you are needing.

or

http://www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com/gallery/1521023/9/117175239/Large

Blogs:

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8