ch 80 sewing machine

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited December 20, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok this is old photo should i reshoot the idea ?
54200268-L.jpg
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    Yes! Definitely!
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    I like it, Awais! I was thinking that it is overall too dark for my taste but the more I look at it the more I like it. You might try a little tweeking with curves to bring out detail in the left hand side of the head and the needle area without blowing out the bright areas. Altogether, very, very nice.

Virginia

Email
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited December 16, 2006
    Ok this is old photo should i reshoot the idea ?

Absolutely. They don't make machines as pretty as that anymore. I agree with Virginia's comments. You need to increase the contrast to make it pop more. I like the black background, but the machine itself needs to be brighter.

Regards,
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    LilleG wrote:
    Yes! Definitely!

15524779-Ti.gifthumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited December 16, 2006
    Very nice Awais.

I am not generally a big fan of selective color, but it is easy to overlook the flow of the fabric beneath the foot. Selective color of the cloth might be just what's needed.

It is a lovely machine. They knew how to make beautiful machinery didn't they?
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    Oh yes! You should reshoot this. What a beautiful machine! I'm writing this on a little break from my own sewing machine, which I really like, but it's a new fangled machine and not nearly so pretty to look at.

Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    thumb.gifthumb.gif Nice shot! Definitely redo - and I love the selective color idea!
  • shoppixshoppix Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited December 17, 2006
    Antique sewing machine
    Again - yes, re-shoot. Love to see more of this beautiful 'machine'. Try some different angles. What is beneath that engraved cover??
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    I agree, definitely reshoot it! I've got one like it myself & didn't even think of that! Great Idea. I also like the b/w effect.
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    Thanks All i will try to rework as these days my hose is undergoing major renovationrolleyes1.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • AlkhemistAlkhemist Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited December 19, 2006
    Now that's a nice machine! Yes, reshoot!
    Allen M.
    Alkhemist
    www.alkhemist.smugmug.com

"Photography is a medium of formidable contradictions. It is ridiculously easy and almost impossibly difficult." Edward Steichen
  • nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2006
    I think there is great potential here. I would like to see a little more of the sewing machine and not just the front. good work!