Slideshow Music

DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
edited December 17, 2006 in Finishing School
I am creating a slideshow for a group of volunteers. It will be given to them at no charge. Does anyone know the legalities of putting music in the show?

Comments

• SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    DavidS wrote:
    I am creating a slideshow for a group of volunteers. It will be given to them at no charge. Does anyone know the legalities of putting music in the show?

David...this was discussed at length on another forum and from what I understand if you are not given the rights to a song then you cannot use it. Others may have more detailed information for you. I know there are alot of royalty free music sites out there that you can use. I am trying to locate a few links for you but have to run out quickly. Will see what I can find and post them when I return.
    www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
    www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2006
    DavidS wrote:

It's all very confusing but maybe the information on this site might help you:

http://www.copyrightwebsite.com/Info/FairUse/FairUse.aspx

Selling that slideshow for a profit would definitely be a no-no.

But it sounds more like it's for educational/private use so you may be OK headscratch.gif as long as you give credit to the artists.