how is print size affected?

lifesdisciplelifesdisciple Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited December 17, 2006 in SmugMug Support
If my original is say a 7x14 or something odd like that. How will it be printed? Will it say be printed on 14" paper with white space above and below the 7"? Will it be printed the exact size? How does one go about getting odd size prints printed?

Michael - Life's Disciple

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

www.lifesdisciple.com

Comments

• JFreemanJFreeman Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited December 17, 2006
    In the shopping cart there is a dropdown option of "crop/no crop" If you or the buyer choose crop the image will be cropped to whatever print size is chosen ie. 5x7/11x14/8x10. if no crop is chosen then white borders will be added to fill out the print size and none of the image will be lost. There isn't an option to have odd sized images printed on specific paper size like your 7x14. And it doesn't really matter what your original image dimensions are, just how many pixels they have for a minimum size print as you must choose from the print dimensions available.

If you want a specific print size that isn't available I would suggest something thats available and a little bit bigger than you want and adding a border to make up the difference before uploading the file. Or if one dimension is ok like on an 11x14 choose that and use no crop. One suggestion for panoramas I've seen is to double up on a larger print to save money.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2006
    It will print exact ratio if you choose "no crop"

Put one in your cart and try it thumb.gif