Do these work?

Which one?

117366995-L.jpg

117367004-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2006
    The first shot works better for me, as the overlay text in the second is distracting. The closer shot also makes the gorgeous purple crystal stand out more. But if you're going to matte and title them in the image, I'd suggest the second image's text layout. The inverted small caps in the first one looks like a mistake..
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    mrmikemrmike Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    time machine
    tough one , I like the framiing on the first one , but i like the fact that on the second you can see the reflection 750 , but it's also clear what is being reflected .....
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    cabbey wrote:
    The first shot works better for me, as the overlay text in the second is distracting. The closer shot also makes the gorgeous purple crystal stand out more. But if you're going to matte and title them in the image, I'd suggest the second image's text layout. The inverted small caps in the first one looks like a mistake..

Thanks for looking. I didn't notice that about the text.
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    I really love the idea. Both pictures work for the challenge but I can't decide which I like better. I prefer the composition of the first but am distracted by the major blur in the foreground as a result of the limited dof. Nothng wrong with that technically - in fact it is appropriate - but for some reason the amount of blur distracts from the picture's impact. Maybe that is because it reminds me too much of of how the world looks when I take my glasses off. rolleyes1.gif I guess the way I would put it is that my brain likes the first one best but my eye prefers the second. If that makes any sense.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    Loved 1st great idea
    Text on 2nd don't look great
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2006
    I also think the 1st one is stronger. I don't think the added area on the bottom of the second one adds anything to the image. Nice job.
  • Options
    nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2006
    1st shot is the better one, but is there anyway to capture more of the gearing!!?
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2006
    Thanks for the great comments, everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2006
    nalvarez wrote:
    1st shot is the better one, but is there anyway to capture more of the gearing!!?

I wish there was. The best parts of the gears are obscured by the etching on the crystal.
  • Options
    soxOZsoxOZ Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 23, 2006
    Hi..

I must be different than the rest of the guys here, but I like the second photo. Although the writing is a little distracting, I find it easier to focus on and get the feel of the mechanics and the complexity of the watch.

The first photo for some reason feels as if it is blurry or not focused on anything and I have trouble focusing on any part of it.. Don't know, maybe it’s just my eyes or something, but my vote is for the second photo... BTW, great idea and well done.....
  • Options
    LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2006
    I like the composition of the first but the OOF text on the crystal makes the whole thing look unsharp. I much prefer the second one.