Ally Again!

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited December 19, 2006 in People
here's another picture of ally. as owen and others have recommended, it is not taken from above her. please tell me what you think! i'm not sure how i feel about her face, how do you feel? is the picture good or is it nothing to write home about?

thanks!

117463791-L-1.jpg

Comments

• tomthephotographertomthephotographer Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    I like the face The eyes are distracting. Good focus. I like the arrangement.
    Canon 40D. Lens Sigma 170-500, Tamron 75-300, Quantaray 19-35,
    Bogan Tripod. Gaint Yukon 25' Bike,

Like it or not we most often get what we deserve in the end.
  • imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    I think she looks bored.headscratch.gif
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    I like the face The eyes are distracting. Good focus. I like the arrangement.

thanks. i'm not disagreeing with you, but what about the eyes are distracting? is it because she is looking away?
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    The light and pose are very good. Really love the light. The eyes give her, not a look of boredom, but one of concentration - concentrating on something outside our view. Dont' think it makes the picutre bad, just different. I also believe having her look down, with just her eyes, at the camera would not have improved the shot and I don't know what it would have looked like if she had tilted her head down, but probably not so good.

Is this one to write home about? There's something about it that doesn't shout "Wow". But, still, I think its a good shot.
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    This image has excellent colour and light.
    I think the issue with the eyes is the relation to the face, which is turned towards the photographer and the eyes are turned away. This almost indicated she is distracted by something, while posing for you.
  • Twisted ImageTwisted Image Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    Nice shot..I agree that the eyes are distracting... It's a Deer in the headlights look.
    edited December 18, 2006
    thanks for the comments. i agree, i see it now, the eyes are distracting. i think it's because her face is straight at the camera and her eyes are away. it might have been better if her face was in the same direction she was looking.

once again, thanks for your help!
  • chicodawgchicodawg Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    Love the focus and colors - very crisp and "warm".

However, about the eyes, I'm no expert, but I am reading a "posing" (portrait) book written by an expert and facial poses was covered. What I'm reading is that the eyes "should" align with the horizon of the nose. Should, as in, it isn't the LAW that it has to be that way... one thing I enjoy about photography is that there is a uniqueness (sp?) about taking photos outside the box.

It was said already, but I agree in this case that she does look distracted, thinking about being anywhere but in front of a camera.

Again, I'm no expert and I have a lot to learn, myself, but that's my $.02 (USD) worth.

Mike
    http://www.thephotosItook.com
    • Canon 20D, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, EF 50mm f/2.5 Macro, EF 75-300mm f/4.6 III USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 (kit lens), 580EX Speedlite
    • 2 Chihuahuas named Chico and Bentley
    • Promaster 17-55mm f/2.8 XL EDO Macro
    edited December 19, 2006
    chicodawg wrote:
    Again, I'm no expert and I have a lot to learn, myself, but that's my $.02 (USD) worth.

Mike

thanks for your input! and thanks for specifying the currency in which you were contributiing!rolleyes1.gif