Santa brought a 50mm 1.4

MolsondogMolsondog Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
edited January 3, 2005 in Accessories
Nikon

Comments

• dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2005
    Awesome shot! Lets hear it for another Nikon guy clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I love the composition, colors & texture.

What camera & flash did you use? I'm looking at the SB800.

I wish it was a bit larger so I can try to read it.

Dave
  • Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2005
    It says

this is an analog notecard

. . .

Handset type & hand fed

Letterpress & printing ?
    ?

Thats all I can get right now

Hehe:D
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2005
    congrats. i use my canon 50 f/1.4 almost every day. it's a super fl, and ya gotta love that f/1.4!

nice shot
  • dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2005
    Molsondog wrote:
    D100 with the SB600. To be honest, I trialed the SB800. It was way more sophisticated than my needs required at this time. I opted to save the $$ and go with the SB600 with the idea that I ever figure flash out I can use the SB600 as a slave to the SB800.

When I look at the photo as posted it is nowhere near as bright and crisp as on my monitor in PS. Am I missing something in how I configure an image to post here and elsewhere? Others' pix look so much brighter. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for the flash info. It makes sense for me too. I've never used a flash, so the sb800 may be a bit much.

RE: dull photo:
    I just downloaded the photo & opened in PS. It looks like you didn't convert from Adobe RGB to sRGB. If left in aRGB, it will look washed out.

Dave
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2005
    Hi Molson!
    Hey, the AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4! I got mine second-hand, a couple of months ago (it's the japanese non-D version, which is yours?).

Lovely lens, I never thought I was going to use it THAT much with my D70, because I also have a couple of excellent zooms (the 18-70 DX and the AF 80-200 f/2.8D ED)... But you know, it's all about that f/1.4 (serious low-light, shallow DOF capability) and the focal length, which is IMHO very nice for people photography.

A little tip: if you try to shoot this lens between f/4-5.6, you're going to see some *extreme* sharpness. It's really really good.

By the way, post more of the new pictures. From your first sample, I got really curious at what you'll be able to do with the lens!

Congrats on the new glass!
    Take care!

-- thiago