Edgar

BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
edited December 19, 2006 in People
C/C needed please as this is for a charity. The location obviously was not prime, I really just need C/C on the color, shadows, etc. I have the RAW images still so input on what I may be able to bump up or take away would be really helpful.

117583528-O.jpg

Comments

• Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    I would have gone horizontal to include all of the mortorcycle or crop tighter to get rid of some of it. The background is realatively in focus and distracting, especially that beig stripe that is going up on the right side of the shot.

In terms of exposure, it looks good and the colors look good as well on my monitor.
  • asylumxlasylumxl Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited December 19, 2006
    personally, i like it, but maybe its cos i like motorsport/cars/bikes :D
    "If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happen if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" (Steven Wright)
    gear.LIST
    Canon EOS 350D, Canon EF-S 18-55mm, Tamron, 55-200mm, Canon EF 50MM MKII
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2006
    bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
    One of my favorite baseball players ever... and one of the classiest to ever put on an MLB uniform. He defined the DH (and now it should be expunged from the game :D).

To me, the bike pops more than his face, so it draws my attention. Focus also looks sharper on the bike, but that might just be because of the size of the image. Maybe just a touch more shadows. His skin tone looks correct.

NOTE: On my other monitor (neither is machine calibrated), the contrast/shadows look better.

Great shot... he's very relaxed. I'm sure he's doing well in retirement.
    Chris
  • BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2006
    thanks for the input so far, I have gone through and played a bit more with the photos. They are for promotional use for an event in June that I will be shooting for, the proceeds of which all go to Children's Hospital here in Seattle. I'll post up a shot of Edgar on his Yaffe custom that he got 2 years ago.