Options

Coupon for customers

mcbridephotosmcbridephotos Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited December 20, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am trying to encourage customers to order after the event I shoot, to improve my chances of getting a order. I want to offer customers a short window of a few days to place a order from a sports event I shoot. Is it possible to offer a discouted coupon code for that period? Or I thought I could just adjust my pricing for that period, but I would rather not mess with changing prices back and forth also, I want the customer to know they can get a discount if they order within a few days of the sports events I am shooting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Cliff McBride

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2006
    I am trying to encourage customers to order after the event I shoot, to improve my chances of getting a order. I want to offer customers a short window of a few days to place a order from a sports event I shoot. Is it possible to offer a discouted coupon code for that period? Or I thought I could just adjust my pricing for that period, but I would rather not mess with changing prices back and forth also, I want the customer to know they can get a discount if they order within a few days of the sports events I am shooting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Cliff McBride
    We don't have a coupon ability, but we'd love to offer one, it's on our list but we've not done it yet.

Adjust your pricing, notify customers that pricing will go up on Xdate.

Wish I had a better answer for you now.
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2006
    I will offer 10% off when ordering in the first 10 days. It's a PITA, but it's really helped out a ton and it's worth the extra effort! I have a gallery set up with standard pricing (it only has one photo in it and it's called "pricing - standard" as I have "pricing - family" etc.). When pricing my gallery, I use that as my template. Then take 10% off.

I set up a reminder in my Yahoo calendar and it sends me an email 3 days before expiration so I email my client (I do portraits) and remind them. Then I have another reminder from Yahoo the day it needs to be changed - and I just grab that template gallery again to set the prices back to standard pricing.

HTH!

Like I said, it's a PITA, but it's worth it!!! :D
  • Options
    DblDbl Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2006
    I am trying the same thing out, 10% off if ordering in the first 5 days. I still don't understand how to do it. I price everything with portfollio pricing, can I then go back into the new gallery and say decrease 10% and apply to these? Will the pricing now be at 10% less for that gallery? I know when the time expires to just hit portfollio and it will be normally priced again, but I am struggling with the options in setting the price.

In the above senerio with setting up a gallery with one photo at the 10% reduction, do you then apply that price to the new gallery by using what menu option? I am trying to do the same thing as Cliff is. There has to be an easier way.

Can you explain it in english to a confused user?
    Dan

Canon Gear