Options

Products and transparent layers

MrSandmanMrSandman Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited December 19, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
A customer of mine wants to purchase some bags and mugs with pictures on their side. She was asking if it would be possible to crop out her daughter's face so that only her face were on the mug/bag and nothing else. If i were to do this in PS2 and crop out her face and upload a gif file to smugmug only showing her face with a transparent layer in the background, how would this show up on the products? Would the transparent layer show up as transparent? Or would it default to some color such as white or black?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2006
    MrSandman wrote:
    A customer of mine wants to purchase some bags and mugs with pictures on their side. She was asking if it would be possible to crop out her daughter's face so that only her face were on the mug/bag and nothing else. If i were to do this in PS2 and crop out her face and upload a gif file to smugmug only showing her face with a transparent layer in the background, how would this show up on the products? Would the transparent layer show up as transparent? Or would it default to some color such as white or black?
    Hi, sorry- only jpgs can be printed. So, no transparency. You'll have to put it on a solid background.

Hope this helps!