Had A Good Seat Tonight..........

imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
edited December 20, 2006 in Sports
at the game. Early game was the Women. FInally got another opportunity to try out the new 70-200 F-4 in the gym on them. Here are a few........

117897557-L.jpg

117897605-L.jpg

The Coach Was Not Happy

117897565-L.jpg

Couldn't Decide

117897551-L.jpg

An Obliging Fan

117897907-L.jpg

So the game is over, the women lose and I'm thinking I need something different. I go and speak to my contact at the school and ask about shooting from the catwalk area above the floor, geat idea. Only problem was that he also invited my competition up as well. This guy

117897586-M.jpg

Oh Well, at least it was a great seat. Unfortunately I took several shots before going up and I forgot to adjust my settings back on the camera so I ended up with a bunch of blurry motion shots.:huh

But some did work so here are those

Swish

117904959-L.jpg

Here's a couple of waiting shots

117904983-L.jpg

117905086-L.jpg

Just a little push

117904896-L.jpg

Blurry

117904937-L.jpg

All in all it was a good time, and I think that the new lens will work out just fine. Be advised, all of these were directly from the camera without any processing except for resizing. I'm off tomorrow to explore another sport, Paintball. Will post when I get something. THanks for looking and have a great day.

Comments

• BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2006
    Good shots!

How do you like the new lense? I received mine yesterday and have not had a chance to put it to use...I am replacing my old 300mm zoom that I dropped in the riverne_nau.gif So I decided to upgrade..I hope I have made the right choice. I was torn between the 75-300 IS or the 70-200 f4 without IS. I think I am going to be extremely happy with the lense, but I am worried about reach for football shots (from my stadium seat).

Hope you enjoy yours lense
  • imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2006
    Good shots!

How do you like the new lense? I received mine yesterday and have not had a chance to put it to use...I am replacing my old 300mm zoom that I dropped in the riverne_nau.gif So I decided to upgrade..I hope I have made the right choice. I was torn between the 75-300 IS or the 70-200 f4 without IS. I think I am going to be extremely happy with the lense, but I am worried about reach for football shots (from my stadium seat).

Hope you enjoy yours lense

Like you I was torn as well. Since the lenses I was using were old, anything I upgraded to was an improvement. The only problem that I see with it is User Error:D . I have a tendancy to shoot first and then look later at the settings. Sort of premature shutter release, but I am working on that. Anyway for what I am going to be using it for I like it alot.