Stefanie by 3rd Planet Photography

3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
edited December 21, 2006 in People
Just sharing....

118125969-L-1.jpg

Comments

• dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2006
    I'm not sure if you're looking for a critique, but here goes anyway. I find the various shadows on her face to be distracting-- they almost look like cross shadows but I only see one catchlight in her eyes. Also, her right ear kind of jumps out at me. Personally, I'd use her hair to cover that ear and light it so the shadows were more dramatic for her look and less distracting-- seems like you could light her with a single spot to really create a mood. Here's an example (single spot as key):
    63277647.jpg

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2006
    Thanks for your feedback... we always take feedback :)

Every photo can use it and everyone's opinions are diffferent. We like to see and hear it all :)

Have a great Holiday.

Scott

dogwood wrote:
    I'm not sure if you're looking for a critique, but here goes anyway. I find the various shadows on her face to be distracting-- they almost look like cross shadows but I only see one catchlight in her eyes. Also, her right ear kind of jumps out at me. Personally, I'd use her hair to cover that ear and light it so the shadows were more dramatic for her look and less distracting-- seems like you could light her with a single spot to really create a mood. Here's an example (single spot as key):
    63277647.jpg
  • CharlaCharla Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2006
    Hi Scott - I like this shot. Stefanie has a cool goth look going for her but I agree with Dogwood on this about the shadows on her face. I'd either move the light to where it is not angled through her hair or pull the hair back over her ear so that it doesn't cast a shadow across her face.

Nice work :D