Options

I don't know if it's first person

TheSenatorTheSenator Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited January 7, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I was casually thinking about this challenge when I walked up to take my bird out. Then this happened. I'm not sure if it's really first person and if it is then I'll work on a more color correct version.
Gallery: TheSenator

Comments

• Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2005
    TheSenator wrote:
    I was casually thinking about this challenge when I walked up to take my bird out. Then this happened. I'm not sure if it's really first person and if it is then I'll work on a more color correct version.
    I think this one is borderline. To me "first person" means (like in writing) from the writers/photographers point of view. The writer uses the pronoun "I" to tell the story. In this case the bird seems to be talking and looking directly at you. It does sort of put the viewer in the picture, so to speak, but it would do it much better if your finger was near his mouth. Then the viewer would feel your presence in the shot so much more. You could take a shot of your finger and put it in with photoshop. I could almost feel the bite, ouch!

Give it a try. Good luck. Oh, and welcome to the forum. :D
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2005
    I agree, it's a bird shot, not a first person shot.

Please don't misunderstand me: I firmly believe it's not necessary to have ones hands or fingers in a shot to make it first person. It's just that this shot isn't really about the person who's seeing the bird, it's about the bird.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2005
    I like the shot, but I agree with Wax
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    TheSenatorTheSenator Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited January 6, 2005
    I didn't know either so that's why I didn't submit it. I'll look into getting him to lunge at my finger. Don't worry, I've been bit so many times and he never gets close to drawing blood. Thanks though for giving the advice.
    Gallery: TheSenator
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2005
    TheSenator wrote:
    I didn't know either so that's why I didn't submit it. I'll look into getting him to lunge at my finger. Don't worry, I've been bit so many times and he never gets close to drawing blood. Thanks though for giving the advice.
    We call them bolt cutters.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2005
    having him biting your finger would do it I think... blood would be good...(just kidding). Good luck rolleyes1.gif