request +Olga (5 img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited December 22, 2006 in People
Dear friends!
I'll have my photo exhibition in February. May I ask you to send me (by email pautov@viplast.ru) some words about my portrait work. Your words will be printed in a booklet and they will help me a lot! Please type DGrin in the theme of email (Oh a lot of SPAM!) Thank you in advance, dear friends!
Now...
4315.jpg
4316.jpg
4317.jpg
4318.jpg
4319.jpg
This was a test session. and i like the last one as a result - sure we will continue our work.
Your critique and comments...
Spasibo,

Yuri

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,077 moderator
    edited December 21, 2006
    Yuri,

I would be glad to send you my comments, but first, let me quote from my past comments:

"More of that great "Yuri light", and more beautiful portraits. I love the girl's brown eyes and the boy's freckles.

Great portraits, I love them all."

"You have this profound ability to bring out the best in people images; true "portraits".

Excellent as usual and again.

I gather the last two were particularly difficult lighting in that one side is darker than your normal preference. They are still very fetching images by any measure."

"Just beautiful as always.

#2 is so different from most of your work, with a strong shadow so close to the subject. I am a bit distracted by the shadow and the background is a little busy. The shadow is actually an odd shape and I'm wondering how it came to be like that.

#1 and #7 have the greatest attraction for me because of the eyes and because the clothing lends itself to the shot. You achieve such a sense of lighting balance in these photos and I love the "wide, wrapping" light.

Bravo,

ziggy53
    "
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,077 moderator
    edited December 21, 2006
    For anyone unfamiliar with Yuri's work, feel free to review these threads:

http://www.dgrin.com/search.php?searchid=254997

or at Yuri's site:

http://pautov.viplast.ru/

(Be sure to check out the "Portraits" galleries.)

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • kini62kini62 Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2006
    Dear friends!
    I'll have my photo exhibition in February. May I ask you to send me (by email pautov@viplast.ru) some words about my portrait work. Your words will be printed in a booklet and they will help me a lot! Please type DGrin in the theme of email (Oh a lot of SPAM!) Thank you in advance, dear friends!
    Now...
    4315.jpg

This was a test session. and i like the last one as a result - sure we will continue our work.
    Your critique and comments...
    Spasibo,

Yuri

I really like your work, although I rarely comment. But I have to say compared to your other shots, these are not up to your high standards.

The only pose I like is the first one, but I don't like the PP- too blue for me.

The others just seem a little "messy" for lack of a better word.

Thanks for posting, always a pleasure to view your photos.

Gene
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2006
    #2 & #5 are awesome Yuri. The composition in #5 is excellent!
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2006
    Yuri,
    Dear friends!

Yuri
    Congratulations on the exhibition! Great news!
    Would you prefer English or Russian version (from me, that is:-)?
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:
    Congratulations on the exhibition! Great news!
    Would you prefer English or Russian version (from me, that is:-)?
    Russian from you, of course! :-)
    Spasibo zaranee!
    Yuri