An Important Picture

PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
edited December 22, 2006 in People
I know this isn't a great picture. I have a lot to learn (and a lot to re-learn) about post-processing; I didn't have time to compose properly (she had just come around the corner and I snapped); and it's a very boring background....

...but...

according to my records, it's the first picture I've taken since May 5, 2005 (I sold my camera soon after to buy an engagement ring). My wife gave the go-ahead on a Lumix FZ50 and it arrived today. Fittingly, the first picture I took was of her walking out the door to her performance of the Messiah with the Charlotte symphony.

Thanks for reading - I promise this will be my only post that's less about photography and more about me!

large.jpg

Comments

• ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2006
    Excellent!
    Shoot more!

118187626-L.jpg
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2006
    it's a tad blurry...but nonetheless a good candid shot. I don't like pointing my flash directly at someone...if short ceilings I point it upwards and let the light bounce off the ceiling.