Photoshop Elements 5 Keywords

jclevengersjclevengers Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited December 23, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Help! I am new to SmugMug and for the most part like what I see. I have uploaded a variety of pictures using Photoshop Elements 5. All of the uploaded pictures have keywords that have been added in Photoshop Elements and I have used the 'write tags to file' option in photoshop. When viewing the photos in SmugMug the keywords do not initialy appear. If I edit the keywords for the individual photo, the keywords from photoshop appear in the editing text box and are then recognized by smugmug once I click save.

I have also tried editing and saving the photoshop tags in the bulk edit tool. In this case the changes show up in the individual photo editing box, but are not recognized by SmugMug (not showing up in keywords section of my home page).

Am I doing something wrong here? I would rather not have to tag everything in Photoshop Elements and again in SmugMug.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2006
    You shouldn't.
    Stay tuned for a PSE5 expert/or user. Bump this tomorrow if an answer hasn't come.
  • marieboyermarieboyer Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2006
    Andy:
    Could it be a result of password-protection?
  • jclevengersjclevengers Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited December 23, 2006
    Solved...slow indexing
    It seems that it might just have been rather slow indexing. Checking this morning it looks like smugmug has now read all of the photoshop tags... it just took it quite awhile. Thanks for the help!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2006
    It seems that it might just have been rather slow indexing. Checking this morning it looks like smugmug has now read all of the photoshop tags... it just took it quite awhile. Thanks for the help!
    clap.gif