Passworded Galleries

rmsrms Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 22 Big grins
edited January 8, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Is there any way to password-protect a gallery but to nonetheless specify a particular photo whose thumbnail will show up in the index (rather than the "password protected" graphic)? I have galleries that contain many pictures I'd like to keep private, but where I'd like to be able to offer visitors a non-private thumbnail to indicate what they're getting? (or, alternatively, allow visitors to enter a password once and then to see thumbnails for all galleries which use that password).

It seems like this could easily be implemented as "If a password is set, check if a featured photo is set. Is so, show it; if not, show the password-protected graphic."

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2005
    This is something that I've requested, as well.

This would be great. I hate how my page looks with all those locks!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2005
    I'm also in favor of this. It would be great if the picture didn't have to be from within the gallery itself, but from any gallery (like the This is me photo). That way I could have a picture showing sports in general on the thumbnail for sports, then a soccer picture for soccer, football for football, etc.
    Richard
  • lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    This is something that I've requested, as well.

This would be great. I hate how my page looks with all those locks!

Don't know how hard it would be to code, but I'd vote for this too. It sure would spice up my events pages as well as customer prep galleries.