Options

Slideshow won't rotate images - stuck on one.

TerryPTerryP Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
Question 1 - SLIDESHOW
I set up a slide show on my site and followed the cut and paste for java, footer, CSS, etc. It works (and the instructions were great) but I have these questions:

A) Sometimes pics sometimes fade into...the same picture. Can I have them cycle through my slideshow gallery one at a time starting with the "firstSlide" I've chosen?
B) I'm OK with different sizes of pics showing in the slideshow. However, they weren't centered until I changed the size of the slide to match the size of the bioBox. I would like to have the pic no larger than 600 across but keep the 750 of the bioBox it's in. But it's off center when it's smaller.
C) My container bioBox is black. I would like to change it to the same color as my background. Also, I would like to put a thin line at the top of the box. Here is the code I'm using to no effect:

.box #bioBox {
border-style: solid;
border-color: white;
border-top-width: thin;
text-align: center;
background-color: #D7C28E; (I've also tried background: none)
}

#bioBox .photo {
display: none;
}

Question 2 - FOOTER
I want to remove the standard smugmug footer links. How do I do that?
#footer .nav {
display:none;
}

When I do, how do I keep in the log in and log out link?

Question 3 - FINDING SLIDESHOW GALLERY
I can only get to my slideshow gallery by typing in Other in the URL manually (where my slideshow gallery is located) now that the Other category is removed from view. Can I get that back somehow? I'm OK with typing in the URL extension but I was just wondering.

Question 4 - TITLE COLORS
How do I change my gallery title and nav text colors? This one's driving me batty. Here is what I've tried so far (along with other non-working versions not shown).

.imgBorder {
border: solid 1px #666666;
}

a:hover .imgBorder, .imgBorderOn {
border: solid 1px #000000;
}

a.title, .title, .imgBorderOn {
color: 1C02E3;
}

Question 5 - GALLERY "CONTAINERS"
Now that I used specific language to change the color of my page and header, etc. I have different color "boxes" or "containers" around all gallery thumbs in category pages that I would like to eliminate so they simply "float" on my background. Here is what I put in so far but doesn't work. Actually I just might want to change the color to another contrasting color. Can I do that?

Here's the code I'm trying to use to remove the boxes. Perhaps they can't be removed but, instead, just changed to the background color, or removing the background color?
.boxBottom #galleriesBox,
.boxTop #galleriesBox {
display: none;
}

I'm trying what I can before coming in for the cavalry. I want to learn this stuff but trial and error is, perhaps, not the best way to go. I do want to learn so I can solve problems myself. If you do it for me, I'll never learn!

Well, I hope you had a wonderful day today and I wish all the best to every hacker and helper at smugmug! :thumb

Terry <no santa="" smilie="" but="" if="" there="" were="" one="" it="" would="" go="" here="" :="">
Happy Holidays Everyone!</no>