Old and lonely man.

ppugappuga Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
edited January 6, 2007 in People
Hello

I saw this guy and I couldn't resisted to ask for a picture, all comments welcome!

Aperture: f/6.3
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 75mm
Exposure Time: 1/250
Flash: Flash fired, compulsory flash mode
Exposure Program: Normal program

This is the Original shot, just with a little crop on top:
121493273-M.jpg

Black & White, using Channel Mixer:
121493884-M.jpg

What do you think? Which one you prefer?

Regards

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2006
    Looks like he has a lot of "character" in his face, lots of lines and premature aging.

I must admit, I don't get "lonely" out of the photo. It's a little too staged for that. Might be better to capture him in a less posed moment.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • drdanedrdane Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2006
    Pablo

I prefer the color version - the tones seem much more vibrant than those of the b&W, like something was lost in the translation.

I don't get "lonely" either. I'm curious as to what prompted that interpretation. Did you talk with him aside from asking for his picture?

And as for the "old" thing - he looks to be about my age, which isn't "old" at all!
    Dr Dane :rofl
    Celebrating the essence of Nature, the Human Spirit, and the Divine Presence in all
    http://www.drdane.smugmug.com or:
    http://www.inner-light-images.com

• ppugappuga Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2006
    Thanks guys, when I saw this guy it was walking, alone, with no direction (aparently) and with all the caracter is has I decided to ask for this picture. That's why I though this guy as "lonely" person, may be the photo tells other thing from what i actually saw that day. But it's ok.

Another thing, as I ask for the photo i think this is a portrait, if it were less posed i think may be would be better a candid. Or may be if I had more time with him could be better.

But this is the way of learning, thanks both for your comments. thumb.gif
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2006
    Pablo..hope you dont mind but i tried a conversion myself. I just like darker..more contrasty photos.
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2006
    killing some dead space above and to the right of his head would help this photo alot as well, a little to centered, but i like it overall.
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2006
    I like it...it's extremely moving. Thanks for posting.
  • ppugappuga Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    Thanks for the comments, and thanks for the example of contrast, I like it! clap.gif

I've give it a try in PS in the color one, and get this:

121078377-M.jpg

Think is much better now.

Opinions please.