Uploading Troubles

FuronoFurono Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
edited December 28, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I have to say this is the very first time ever in the years I've been a smugmug member - I can't upload photos!! They are JPGS and it says they aren't!! How annoying! Tried drag and drop and the old uploader. Why did you ever change it so much Smugmug?? I'm using Firefox.:huh
Steve Nelson
Tour Leader - DPRK
Uri Tours
SmugMug - photos.japanphotos.jp

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2006
    Furono wrote:
    I have to say this is the very first time ever in the years I've been a smugmug member - I can't upload photos!! They are JPGS and it says they aren't!! How annoying! Tried drag and drop and the old uploader. Why did you ever change it so much Smugmug?? I'm using Firefox.eek7.gif
    Hi,

Can you please run a dslreports line quality test so we can help diagnose the problem?

http://www.dslreports.com/linequality it's a free site, though you must register.
  • BenBen Vanilla Admin Posts: 513 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 26, 2006
    Furono wrote:
    I have to say this is the very first time ever in the years I've been a smugmug member - I can't upload photos!! They are JPGS and it says they aren't!! How annoying! Tried drag and drop and the old uploader. Why did you ever change it so much Smugmug?? I'm using Firefox.eek7.gif

I assume it is telling you this in the upload log (and not just the uploader telling you before it sends them)?

Can you upload other images right now from another batch (preferrably ones you have already successfully uploaded in the past), just to see if it really is a problem with the photos or a problem with the connection?
    Smug since 2003
  • tweakertweaker Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2006
    I am having the same problem. The files are huge, 10 - 16 meg JPGs that came out of aperture the highest setting JPGs. The originals where RAW from a 5D. I am re compressing to a "8" on the jpg scale to see if it fixes the problem.
    -Paul
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2006
    tweaker wrote:
    I am having the same problem. The files are huge, 10 - 16 meg JPGs that came out of aperture the highest setting JPGs. The originals where RAW from a 5D. I am re compressing to a "8" on the jpg scale to see if it fixes the problem.
    Hi, Your account is a power account- you can upload up to 8mb files. Your wife's account, is a pro account, you can upload up to 16mb there.
  • tweakertweaker Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2006
    ahhh that would explain it. But a better troubleshooting message might be in order :-)

Thanks for the help.
    -Paul