How's My Bokeh?

douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
edited December 27, 2006 in Holy Macro
Was just trying out a new lens today, well new to me its actually 14 years old lol. Canon 200mm 2.8 Mk1
Its pretty ugly out and about right now with everything dead and no snow, I thought this shot was kinda interesting though.

Handheld at ISO 800 F2.8 1/250 sec

119027016-L.jpg
Best regards,
douglas

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2006
    douglas wrote:
    Was just trying out a new lens today, well new to me its actually 14 years old lol. Canon 200mm 2.8 Mk1
    Its pretty ugly out and about right now with everything dead and no snow, I thought this shot was kinda interesting though.

Looks fine to me :D .... hope you get some nice white snow soon.
    ...... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2006
    Douglas,
    douglas wrote:

1. Nice shot! thumb.gif
    2. It seems to me that the BG plants are kinda doubled eek7.gif , at least on the stems. Maybe it's the downsampling effect.. headscratch.gif Hard to tell w/o 100% crop...ne_nau.gif

Cheers! 1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:
    1. Nice shot! thumb.gif
    2. It seems to me that the BG plants are kinda doubled eek7.gif , at least on the stems. Maybe it's the downsampling effect.. headscratch.gif Hard to tell w/o 100% crop...ne_nau.gif

Cheers! 1drink.gif

Thank you Nik. I looked at some of my other catail pics and they have very simalar doubling in OOF area. Do you think there is a problem with the lens, and if so do you have any idea if sending the lens in for calibration might help?
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2006
    Douglas,
    douglas wrote:
    Thank you Nik. I looked at some of my other catail pics and they have very simalar doubling in OOF area. Do you think there is a problem with the lens, and if so do you have any idea if sending the lens in for calibration might help?

I'm not sure... Too complicated an image...
    I suggest you try it with something more basic, and with different lenses at different f values, then it could be more obvious where the culprit is...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2006
    Looks good to me :)
    Can only say that I often get that slight doubling effect in oof areas of my macrophotographs so I doubt it's a lens problem.
    Brian V.
  • douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2006
    Ok thanks alot Nik And Brian, much appreciated thumb.gif
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2006
    beautiful iloveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery