My first attempt at HDR

trossnageltrossnagel Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited December 27, 2006 in Technique
Allright gang, I am completely addicted to HDR photography. :barb

I need tons of advice and plenty more experience...

But here is my first attempt...it's probably a bit overdone...I think I just got carried away.

119086625-L.jpg

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2006
    It looks pretty good. But the changing color of the tree trunks is a bit disconcerting. The blue bottoms really jump out.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2006
    This looks a bit overdone, but these are hard to get right. If you really like the HDR processing you may want to take a look at Photomatix. While I don't own it, the results seem to be the best I have seen.

Sam
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2006
    Nice first try thumb.gif

Sid .. should we get someone (you that is) to do a tute on this ?
  • dbddbd Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2006
    Successful Capture
    You have certainly captured the high dynamic range of the scene. A gradual transition between the regions with directly sunlit tree trunks and the regions in greatly enhanced shadow might keep the blue shadow saturation (cool) from being overpowering. The large tree trunk on the lower right has direct low angle (warm) sun across a very narrow transition from a cool brighted shadow. The lack of local dynamic range with the difference in color across the trunk seems unnatural.

HDR techniques are so powerful they must only be used for good.:D

I have some work to do to do as well as you have.

Dale B Dalrymple
    http://dbdimages.com
    "Give me a lens long enough and a place to stand and I can image the earth."
    ...with apology to Archimedies