Pebbles

BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
edited December 29, 2006 in Holy Macro
My wife collects rocks and pebbles, so whenever we get into the bush, the pickup gets filled with rocks and pebbles :D. I took some pics for someone on another forum, and my wife thought that having pics of her stones was a cool idea. So here are a few (am busy building a gallery for her).

117062076-L.jpg

119157604-L.jpg

119157606-L.jpg

119157607-L.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2006
    BigAl wrote:
    My wife collects rocks and pebbles, so whenever we get into the bush, the pickup gets filled with rocks and pebbles :D. I took some pics for someone on another forum, and my wife thought that having pics of her stones was a cool idea. So here are a few (am busy building a gallery for her).

Hi ya Al...... I have a little collection of rocks too, my most prized rock is an almost perfectly round Gizzard Rock from Montana USA.

I see you have some petrified wood amoungst your collection too :D
    Thanks for sharing......... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2006
    mwink.gifbeatiful iloveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi ya Al...... I have a little collection of rocks too, my most prized rock is an almost perfectly round Gizzard Rock from Montana USA.

I see you have some petrified wood amoungst your collection too :D
    Thanks for sharing......... Skippy
    Thanks for looking Skippy. Quite a few of the stones in amongst this lot (including the petrified wood [well spotted clap.gif]) come from northern Namibia - a stone collector's paradise.

You must show a pic of your Gizzard Rock - for once Google yielded everything, except a rock
    edited December 27, 2006
    mwink.gifbeatiful iloveyou.gif
    Thanks Awais! Much appreciated.
  • nlattonlatto Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2006
    Nice shots. I took a similar picture when I was in Greece this past September. The beach was nothing but pebbles. I picked a few to bring home and ended up with about 25 lbs worth. I just could not stop picking them up. I was going to make a large poster out of this picture.
    103308178-M.JPEG

103309258-M.JPEG
    edited December 28, 2006
    nlatto wrote:
    Nice shots. I took a similar picture when I was in Greece this past September. The beach was nothing but pebbles. I picked a few to bring home and ended up with about 25 lbs worth. I just could not stop picking them up. I was going to make a large poster out of this picture.
    Wow 25lbs :wow How did you get them home? With a pickup it's easy :D
  • KevinKevin Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2006
    Sure is an interesting selection of texturs and colours there BigAl.
    Nice DOF on them too.
    Thanks
    Kevin.
    the Photo Muse: http://the-photo-muse.blogspot.com
    edited December 29, 2006
    Kevin wrote:
    Sure is an interesting selection of texturs and colours there BigAl.
    Nice DOF on them too.
    Thanks
    Thanks Kevin! Where are you in SA?