My First Composition! How to better this one?

JiggerJigger Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited January 4, 2007 in People
Hi im new to digital photography and I am glad to be part of this forum. Just had my first Canon EOS 300D camera and still trying to understand the basic of photography. I would appreciate your comments and critics to better this image.

02-1228-2006-1.jpg
Jigger

You don't take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams

Comments

• urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2006
    Jigger wrote:
    Hi im new to digital photography and I am glad to be part of this forum. Just had my first Canon EOS 300D camera and still trying to understand the basic of photography. I would appreciate your comments and critics to better this image.

For one of your first shots I'd say this is a great start. I like the composition, and the muted colors. I'm not fond of the distortion of her head, which comes from shooting at a wide angle closely....(see how her hand is about the same size as her mouth?)

I would suggest getting down on childrens' level. This is a little more effort but well worth the payoff.

Keep it up, love to see more of this cutie!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2006
    I agree the angel makes her head look much larger than her body. Try more shots of her...I think she's a beautiful little girl. clap.gif

Keep posting and welcome. I'm fairly new too.
  • RustingInPeaceRustingInPeace Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2006
    I like the effect
    I like the lens distortion. I would like to see her moved a little to the left of frame.

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” -Helmut Newton-
  • JiggerJigger Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    I like the lens distortion. I would like to see her moved a little to the left of frame.

Hi i tried cropping her. I think this one looks ok now.. any suggestions?

baby-1.jpg
    Jigger

You don't take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams