Options

FS: Canon Powershot Pro1

Red JRed J Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited January 8, 2007 in House of Canon
Like new. I have a new Nikon D80 that I replaced this camera with. It's a very nice P&S-plus camera in very good condition. Not a flaw on it. I had figured I'd keep it, but it is not getting used since my Nikon arrived.

Comes with:
  • Canon Powershot Pro1 body
  • 64MB CF card (canon/sandisk)
  • box
  • manuals/software
  • charger/battery (BP-511A)
  • hood
I'm asking 500 shipped.

Photos of it:

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

Lens extended to 200mm (35mm eq.)

DSC_0025.jpg

Vari-angle display:

DSC_0029.jpg

Charger:

DSC_0032.jpg

Up her skirt:

DSC_0033.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2006
    That was my pre-dslr camera too :) I haven't touched it once since getting my Rebel XTi... I keep holding onto it though thinking I'll eventually have one of those times when I want to just use the P&S... but has yet to happen so far :)

Good luck selling yours. As one who used this extensively before her dslr, I can attest that I thoroughly enjoyed mine!

Oh and I should also point out that this was the first p&s that canon designed which included an L lens! :)
  • Options
    Red JRed J Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2006
    Thanks for the comments, Cat. Not too many people have these, I've found.

What you said is pretty much my assessment after shooting with this camera about 300-400 exposures. I really wanted to try one of these, and ended up needing to buy one used (he shot 50 shots with it) because they went out of production before I bought one. I guess selling a $1000 point and shoot next to a digital Rebel which sells for less is not all that easy.

---

Great point and shoot, decent zoom range, relatively fast lens, pretty sharp, nice color. It is not as sharp as what you can get in even decent Canon and Nikon dedicated lenses, but I think it's sharper and renders colors better than the G3 I had before it.

Coming from a G3, this was a very solid upgrade. When you have time to compose the shot and obtain the focus, I think that the camera is better than I am.

The vari-angle is great for unusual composition, allowing you to put the camera where you cannot fit, and still frame the shot.

iloveyou.gif

I'd better stop before I talk myself into keeping it. mwink.gif
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2006
    For those who'd like to see some photos taken with a pro1... although this is mine and not his, I just thought I'd post a few of my favorites which show what the baby is capable of :)

It can hold its own in macro if you like shooting this. I did not add any attachments:
    39923936-S-1.jpg

39924824-S-1.jpg

64406090-S.jpg

Had a non-camera savvy friend take this and needless to say it came out fantastic, I actually ended up framing it and putting it up in our apartment:
    63683950-S-1.jpg

Another friend took this:
    56169430-S-1.jpg

Also at 8mp I've never had a problem making 8x10 prints from my photos :)

It may not be your typical tiny digi-cam but it's definitly got it's perks.

I will probably never sell mine as I'll always talk myself out of it, heh.
  • Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2007
    Just to be formal here; PM sent
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug