Options

Question about #81

lifesdisciplelifesdisciple Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited December 30, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Sorry to sound a bit dumb, but could you explain a bit more about the subject "What's going on?" Not sure if I understand what you are looking for for this. Any information would be great. And also photoshop is allowed correct? Only when it says no PS is when you can't correct? Thanks a bunch.

Michael - Life's Disciple

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

www.lifesdisciple.com

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 28, 2006
    That's half the point of the challenge - you interpret the topic yourself. I'm looking for the best takes on what I throw out at you. If this were a technique challenge, we'd have very specific topics (birds, buildings in a city, etc...). But it's not, and we don't. Part of the fun of judging these challenges is seeing what people come up with when I choose a difficult topic.

Here's a suggestion: don't go in the challenge forum for a few days. Go out and shoot some ideas. Then if you're stuck, come back and get some ideas, but I encourage you to be creative and produce your own take on the topic. Again, see above, if I wanted 35 sunsets, I'd pick the subject as sunset. But it's more fun when I call it "end of the day" and I get 15 sunsets and 15 other very neat ideas. Get it? I think too often, many folks around here see the first few ideas that come out of a given topic and they maybe get stuck. Don't anyone take this wrong way, but how many chains did we get for the machinery challenge?

And yes, unless there is a specific NO PS statement, process to your heart's content.

Hey thanks for letting me go off a bit. lol3.gif

edit: disclaimer: I'm using "I" to mean the general mod/judge/challenge host squad - it just happens to be my turn
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    lifesdisciplelifesdisciple Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2006
    Got it. Love it. Thanks. Your welcome.:D

Michael - Life's Disciple

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

www.lifesdisciple.com
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2006
    Yeah for Machinery I thought and took pictures of Toll Machines, a washing machine and dryer in action, and demolition crews working at the site of the New Yankee Stadium site. Unfortunately due to car problems, I didn't get home in time to submit. I'm looking forward to this challenge though and have a couple ideas already. :)

hmm...
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 29, 2006
    This ought to be interesting. I hope the votes will reflect the desire for unique interpretations.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 30, 2006
    truth wrote:
    This ought to be interesting. I hope the votes will reflect the desire for unique interpretations.
    That's all up to you guys.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]