Options

GPS Discussion

2»

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2007
    My only research was for Mac software, and I don't recall any cross-platform.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2007
    At this very moment I can't tell which GPS I bought (:D:D:D:D:D).

The fact is: my son asked someone who was in the US to buy it.
    He arrived in Portugal last Sunday.
    But we still don't have it on our hands, because it is in Lisbon and we are in Setubal, some 40 kms far away and got no transportation for the equipment, so far.

My son ordered it, that's why I do not know which is it.

But I do know that it will be compatible with the software to our Macs.

Thank you.
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    My only research was for Mac software, and I don't recall any cross-platform.
    :cry Thanx

I am googling but the list is sooo dang extensive and always actually related to photography....it I ever find one that works like the GPS Photo Linker ...I will report back...I have an idea it will be a long hard road to travel.............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited February 6, 2007
    A google search turned this up, and I'm sure there's more out there...
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    A google search turned this up, and I'm sure there's more out there...
    my google search ahd that slso...one of the first I looked at but for 279.00 ...too expensive for my blood...

But I appreciate the help....I have several pages to scour from my google search....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    Hey, looks like another GPS thread to chime in. Currently I don't have my GPS anymore, but the workflow I posted here should be still valid.

I was always searching for a software that uses google maps instead of the microsoft vector maps that wwmx uses, but I never found a better tool that worked like I wanted. Now new GPS tagging software seems to pop up everywhere. For example Zoner Photo Studio 9, Downloader Pro from Breeze is supposed to have this functionality, but I haven't had the chance to look at them.

Also the German developed FixFoto (you can change the forum language on the bottom part of the page clicking on the selection box labeled "---Deutsch (Sie)") has now a GPS tagging function. It's a photo editor which is constantely developed with the help of the very active community. The UI around all it's tools is pretty intuitive and it features various methods of sharpening plus I2E automatic image correction that also smugmug uses for their auto colors. Now the author also opened a English forum which needs a lot more activity and also an English version which you can get in the English forum beta thread. Don't be afraid of the beta sign - due to it's a constant exchange with author and users reported bugs get fixed in no time.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2007
    patch29 wrote:
    I have and it works well. I want to try the new beta to see if the USB works as 2.0. Being able to use the Garmin mapping software via parallels was a factor in purchasing my Macbook.
    Yeah I just set it all up.

*(W#$%&)@(#*%&)ing windows apps suck when you are used to the simplicity of Macs :D
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2008
    Anyone heard about these Garmin Mac apps? I guess you can get rid of the Windows versions? Anyone? ear.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    DavidTO wrote:
    Anyone heard about these Garmin Mac apps? I guess you can get rid of the Windows versions? Anyone? ear.gif

nope... I am not really sure what you guys are talking about. I have a Navman gps, and I can take little photographs of any place I go to. Then I can link that up with the parameters of where I am and save it. So next time I want to go to that spot, I can look for the photograph and say go there.

Is this the software you are all looking for, or are you talking about taking photographs and put them in your GPS?

Trying hard to keep up with you techies...but the distance is getting bigger fast!
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2008
    photocat wrote:
    nope... I am not really sure what you guys are talking about. I have a Navman gps, and I can take little photographs of any place I go to. Then I can link that up with the parameters of where I am and save it. So next time I want to go to that spot, I can look for the photograph and say go there.

Is this the software you are all looking for, or are you talking about taking photographs and put them in your GPS?

Trying hard to keep up with you techies...but the distance is getting bigger fast!

I can get the tracks onto my photos with my Mac, no problems. This software is for loading maps on the Garmin.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    DavidTO wrote:
    I can get the tracks onto my photos with my Mac, no problems. This software is for loading maps on the Garmin.

Thanks David. I will slowly backout of this thread then.rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    canghuixucanghuixu Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2008
    I have been using RoboGeo a great deal and so far it works extremely well. It runs on the PC. Whoever produces it seems to take it seriously, it is constantly being updated and improved.
    Art Scott wrote:
    I had to revive this one as I just got the data cable for my Garmin Etrex ordered today.

I have read this thread several times and haven't seen any thing about PC based software for GPS-Photo linking.
    I did email the developer of GPS Photo Linker and have not gotten a reply...yet....but since he is or was a grad student...weeeeeell..it could be awhile.

So Ivar or DavidTo or any one else.....are you knowledgable of any inexpensive GPS PHOTO linking software that write the data to the EXIF as GPS Photo Linker does??