Dmc Lx2?

Deke in AkDeke in Ak Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited January 5, 2007 in Cameras
Can anyone give me an honest review of the Panasonic DMC LX2? A friend of mine has an lx1 and loves it. It seems like a fine p&s from the descriptions and specs.

I've been using a Canon A95 until I screwed it up and bent a pin for the CF card. I'm looking for a decent replacement if I cannot get this fixed.

Thanks, Dennis

Comments

• Duckys54Duckys54 Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2006
    I am Trevor and I have upgraded:
    Canon 40D
    Canon EF-S 17-85 IS

http://www.flickr.com/trevaftw
  • Deke in AkDeke in Ak Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited December 30, 2006
    I've read those reviews. I was kind of hoping I could get a review from someone who uses that camera regularly.

Thanks, Dennis
  • surlysurly Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    we gots one
    I bought it for my wife and I use it a bit too. Its the only small camera we have and I dont get the "bad" reviews. I am tempted to buy another for me but I think I want a G7. I have money for neithereek7.gif

104937688-L.jpg
  • rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2007
    I don't really know what surly was trying to say with that picture....it's good? it's bad? couldn't quite read it.

either way I don't have this camera or have I had any eperience it. but I did have it's younger cousin the DMC LZ2 for about 7 months - - - LOVED IT. the MEGA OIS was definitely worthwhile and it was compact enough to enjoy yet sturdy enough to hold steady in your hand. crisp pictures majority of the time...a real pleasure to use.

I recommend that one, and I'm sure panazonic wouldn't put out a camera that was subpar than ones of a previous generation. read the reviews on camera sites like steve's digicams, DCresource, DPreview, etc.

- RE
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
    Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
    Infiniti QX4