Class V Kayaking.....Intensity

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited January 9, 2007 in Sports
These guys are amazing that they can go through this water like there is nothing to it. I caught the concentration with this guy going through the rough stuff.
Some won't like the crop on this but I cropped it like this on purpose, I think it adds energy to the photo.

90988454-O.jpg

Comments

• oldtimeoldtime Registered Users Posts: 331 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2006
    Nice shot ,great colors and I like the crop
    got any more???
    D-50, D2H,D300
    Nikon 50mm 1.8D
    Sigma 120-300 2.8
    Sigma 70-300-4-5.6
    my Galleries
    http://oldtime.smugmug.com/
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=6707
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 30, 2006
    Love the photo, hate the crop. For me it adds nothing and feels like it takes away probably more than it actually does.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2006
    Heres one with a more traditional crop. I guess it is just me but I feel much more drama and energy in the first crop.

90988453-O.jpg
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2006
    zoomer wrote:
    These guys are amazing that they can go through this water like there is nothing to it. I caught the concentration with this guy going through the rough stuff.
    Some won't like the crop on this but I cropped it like this on purpose, I think it adds energy to the photo.

90988454-O.jpg

I like it and the crop also....thumb.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Jeff FillmoreJeff Fillmore Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2006
    I like the shots and the cropping. Both look just a tad oversharpened to me. Nice work.
    Thanks!
    Jeff

flickr

• JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2006
    gdad wrote:
    I like the shots and the cropping. Both look just a tad oversharpened to me. Nice work.

I'd like to see an uncropped version before I tell you I don't like the crop....well actually I hate almost all crops, that's what the viewfinder is for. Not to mention the zoom, and your feet....:D
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
    edited December 31, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    I'd like to see an uncropped version before I tell you I don't like the crop....well actually I hate almost all crops, that's what the viewfinder is for. Not to mention the zoom, and your feet....:D

Hi Jeffro,
    I respect your opinion but... when taking fast moving action photography when taking a close up it is almost impossible to get the fast moving subject exactly where you want it in the frame. Crops are a necessity.
    In this case there was no zoom and well ...moving closer ....I decided against it.

Thanks for taking a look and commenting.
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    I don't see anything?ne_nau.gif
  • KorosiveKorosive Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited January 3, 2007
    Weird, there are no pics...
    Check out my Flickr, I try to update often.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/korosive/
  • TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    Not seeing anything either.
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 4, 2007
    zoomer wrote:

90988454-O.jpg
    yo zoomer, I've gone in to try and edit the link to your photo since no one, including myself, can see it. No luck.

you move it or delete it?
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:
    yo zoomer, I've gone in to try and edit the link to your photo since no one, including myself, can see it. No luck.

you move it or delete it?
    THe photos don't show, because external links are disabled in the gallery. Zoomer, please go to gallery tools>customize gallery and Turn External Links ON deal.gif
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    THe photos don't show, because external links are disabled in the gallery. Zoomer, please go to gallery tools>customize gallery and Turn External Links ON deal.gif

I think he took them down on purpose. Negative feedback maybe.

I didn't say I didn't like the shot, or the crop, I said I would like to see the original before making such a comment, you know to see if the crop was an improvement.

Zoomer: I know getting closeups of fast moving subjects make it tough to get your subject exactly where you want it. I try it with motocross racing, it's fast, I do use a zoom and my feet, but there are times when I too don't dare move closer...:uhoh

I would still like to see the original shot vs the crop. I thought the shot was pretty good, but that doesn't mean that the crop was better....is all I's saying.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
    edited January 8, 2007
    Jeffro wrote:
    I think he took them down on purpose. Negative feedback maybe.

I didn't say I didn't like the shot, or the crop, I said I would like to see the original before making such a comment, you know to see if the crop was an improvement.

Zoomer: I know getting closeups of fast moving subjects make it tough to get your subject exactly where you want it. I try it with motocross racing, it's fast, I do use a zoom and my feet, but there are times when I too don't dare move closer...:uhoh

I would still like to see the original shot vs the crop. I thought the shot was pretty good, but that doesn't mean that the crop was better....is all I's saying.

Sorry everyone. I was moving a bunch of photos and lost the link.
    Appreciate everyones feedback. I was definitely not offended, always appreciate any feedback I can get good or bad.
    I will post some new ones later.
    Thanks
  • Rolling StoneRolling Stone Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2007
    I would like to see the original.