Options

CH-81 day 2

RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
edited January 2, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Whats going on today. It started out pretty foggy as I rode down to help my Sister start clearing out and sorting through my Mom's apartment in DC just up the street from the watergate and on the way down stopped by the Washington monument to capture it in the fog.
monument-1-4-web.jpg

Then when I got down there I was out on the balcony of her apartment which is on the 9th floor and overlooks the central plaza and while there wasn't much going on 'cept for one guy on bike riding by the patterns of tiles and tables caught my eye.

pattern-1-4-web.jpg

pattern-2-4-web.jpg

pattern-3.jpg

So that's what was going on in my day, well at least in part, also had a nice long ride along the Potomac River on my way home.

RM
http://roadrunes.com
"It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D

Comments

• Options
    Alaska shutterbugAlaska shutterbug Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited January 1, 2007
    I love that first one. And interestingly enough, as I was driving home on Saturday morning and saw the half-mast flags, I thought, "What's going on?"

OK... so I was a little behind the times, doing a little too much hibernating lately.
  • Options
    douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2007
    My vote goes for # 1, I like how it vanishes into the fog, and I also often wonder whats going on when I see flags at half mast. #2 is a nice shot too I like the perspective.
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2007
    I like the patterns in the bicycle shot, however the first shot definitely is about what is going on right now in history! Plus....it's a great view of the monument that those of us who don't live there don't get to see. thumb.gif
  • Options
    RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    Thanks for the input, funny but I hadn't thought about the going on history aspect of #1 with the flags at half mast, I was more intrequed (sp?) by the way the monument faded into the fog with the colors blending so well since both were sort of an off white so that the sturcture started to lose its deffinition as it blended with the clouds.

RM
    http://roadrunes.com
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D