Things I used to do...

lifesdisciplelifesdisciple Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited December 31, 2006 in People
Goin through a few pics and was curious as to what you might think of this. I used to shoot all kinds of photos in this genre. This was for a make-up artists portfolio. Would love a little feedback if you have the time. Thanks
120011581-L.jpg

Michael - Life's Disciple

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

www.lifesdisciple.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2006
    This could be great, it should be a bit of a confusing shot that causes the viewer to really look for everything - but I think it's a bit too close in, and I want more of the left-hand girl's eyes somehow. Bet you have others that are better!
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 31, 2006
    it's an interesting photo, for sure. Color/exposure wise, it's done well. one thing I'm struggling with is a real focus point. is it the nose of the subject on the right? the hair on the left? I guess I just wish something was stronger, maybe one open eye to catch the attention.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• lifesdisciplelifesdisciple Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2006
    how about this. focus isn't real strong but i like the eye better.
    120017574-L.jpg

Michael - Life's Disciple

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

www.lifesdisciple.com
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2006
    Ahhhhh ... composition much nicer than the first. Strong focal point ... her expression is such that one feels a bit of a voyeur ... an intruder ... interloping on a private relationship from a hidden vantage point ... and now suddenly you've been caught.

I'd crop a bit from the right ... up to the ear as all that white shoulder is a bit distracting and doesn't add to the shot .... a maybe a touch off the hair on the left.

Striking capture ... great expression evoking emotion.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed