Balancing Rocks

RogersDARogersDA Unknown...and happy.Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
edited January 4, 2007 in Holy Macro
Someone doing this on the shore in Sausalito.

120161715-M-1.jpg

Comments

  • PhyxiusPhyxius SmugMug Support Specialist Huntingtown, MarylandRegistered Users Posts: 1,366 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2007
    Hi neighbor! (I'm in Calvert).

    Wow, I can't believe those top rocks are standing up. Cool shot.
    Christina Dale
    SmugMug Support Specialist - www.help.smugmug.com

    http://www.phyxiusphotos.com
    Equine Photography in Maryland - Dressage, Eventing, Hunters, Jumpers
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,195 moderator
    edited January 1, 2007
    The aliens have landed.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub One Inspired soul Registered Users Posts: 10,565 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2007
    clap.gifgreat one great work on both sides
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

    Gallery
    fineartprints.shop
  • RogersDARogersDA Unknown...and happy. Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2007
    Phyxius wrote:
    Hi neighbor! (I'm in Calvert).
    Wow, I can't believe those top rocks are standing up. Cool shot.

    wave.gif back at ya'!

    I stood around watching the guy pick and choose from amongst the many rocks. I was amazed that he was able to do this. Either that or he had strategicaly pre-located rocks the night before!mwink.gif

    I took a few more and some show him hard at work. If any came out o.k. then I will post them too.
  • RogersDARogersDA Unknown...and happy. Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:
    I took a few more and some show him hard at work. If any came out o.k. then I will post them too.

    120406920-L.jpg

    120407084-L.jpg

    And the artist:
    120407018-S.jpg
  • douglasdouglas ShOoT tO tHrIlL Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:



    And the artist:
    120407018-S.jpg

    Thats pretty amazing stuff, this one makes it look like he needs to wear a hard hat rolleyes1.gif
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • kdogkdog artistically challenged San Jose, CAAdministrators Posts: 11,558 moderator
    edited January 2, 2007
    douglas wrote:
    Thats pretty amazing stuff, this one makes it look like he needs to wear a hard hat rolleyes1.gif

    No kidding! eek7.gif
  • SkippySkippy Forensic Wannabe Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:
    Someone doing this on the shore in Sausalito.

    Ohhh that Shot brings back memorys....

    One time we were out walking and we came across a few sets of those rocks, and I thought to myself why do people not leave things the way they found them ???? so I dismantled it, and some time later someone says to me, bushwalkers use them as markers so they wont get lost ..... eek7.gif and I'm like ohhhh dear .....

    So now when I see them I leave them alone :D see you can teach an old dog new tricks rolleyes1.gif .... Skippy
    .
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

    ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

    :skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • BeachBillBeachBill Hurry up and wait Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Ohhh that Shot brings back memorys....

    One time we were out walking and we came across a few sets of those rocks, and I thought to myself why do people not leave things the way they found them ???? so I dismantled it, and some time later someone says to me, bushwalkers use them as markers so they wont get lost ..... eek7.gif and I'm like ohhhh dear .....

    So now when I see them I leave them alone :D see you can teach an old dog new tricks rolleyes1.gif .... Skippy

    I first encountered those stacks of rocks marking hiking trails while visiting Arches and Canyonlands National Parks a few years ago. They call them Cairns here.

    With that said I've never seen any freestanding balancing rocks like those posted here. That is just plain amazing.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
Sign In or Register to comment.